Sunday, December 4, 2016

Tutti Designs - Through the Ivy Gate

Happy Sunday Everyone!
Today it's my turn to share a new, inspirational creation using dies from the Tutti Designs Store.  Tutti has come out with so many amazing dies recently and today's I'm using a die from their October release called Garden Trellis #TUTTI-183.


I love creating 'scenery' card and I thought this 'Trellis' could also be used as a gate with a few little snips of the scissors.  Here's what I've created:


My background was created using Stampscape stamps and ink.
I love how this 'gate' opens onto the path.
Here's a few steps I took in creating today's card:

 First I colored the ivy on my trellis using various green Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.

Next I colored in my 'trellis' pieces using another alcohol marker of a different color.  I probably should have used a gray or black color but I remembered the flower trellis we had at home when I was growing up and it was never a dull dark color.  

My dad had a green thumb and not only were the flowers he grew beautiful but so were the containers or trellis they grew on.  He liked color and I guess I do too!


 Next came the 'snipping' to turn my trellis into a gate that opens.  Note the white dotted lines on my image ... that is where I made my cut then gently rolled the 'gate' back around a pencil to give it a bit of a curve.




Positioned my trellis gate onto my card front and VIOLA!


I've seen some of my team mates use their dies in 'different' ways 
so today I thought I'd give it a try too.  I must say, I'm very pleased with myself right now!  LOL

Please be sure to pop over to the Tutti Designs Store 
and check out all of these fabulous dies. 

Need inspiration?  
The team has something new to share on the Tutti Designs Blog EACH and EVERY DAY!   Pop in often and see for yourself ... what a talented group of designers!!

I'll be back again next Sunday with a new Tutti Designs project.
In the meantime, here are all the Tutti Designs quick links you will need:

 Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Medium Blue cs
Dies:  Tutti Designs 'Garden Trellis' #183
Stamps:  Stampscapes, Stampers Anonymous
Inks:  SU Soft Sky, Versafine Onyx, Memento Bamboo Leaves
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers,  Sponge daubers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.