Sunday, March 19, 2017

Beautiful Bonsai

Happy Sunday Everyone!
 Today I'm sharing a creation using two of the new February Release Oriental dies available at the Tutti Designs Store as well as the Nesting Stitched Rectangle dies ... a set I reach for over and over again!


Dies I have used on today's creation are:

No automatic alt text available.


No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.
After die cutting my Bonsai from white card stock (actually die cut it 4 times), I then colored the 'trunk' portion using Spectrum Noir alcohol marker #EB5. Extra cuts were used for stacking to create dimension.


Next I die cut just the top portion of my Bonsai tree from a scrap piece of designer paper that has a  velvet texture on the leaves.  

Snipped off any 'trunk/branch' portions and adhere to my white tree panel.


I also die cut the base portion of my die from gold foil paper and adhered to the white panel.
 

My background papers are from a very old DCWV paper pack and to add a little extra design behind my Bonsai focus panel, I die cut the Lotus Flower die twice and place in opposite corners.  This Lotus Flower die is so beautiful on it's own but love when I can utilize a die in more than just one way ... as I've done today!


The little gold rectangle pieces are once again from the Tutti Designs 'Oriental Screen' die that I used on my card HERE.  I thought they were a nice accent.
I've used three of the rectangle stitched rectangles today ... two for the background panels for the Bonsai and one of the smaller ones to die cut the oriental symbol I printed from the internet. 


Please be sure to pop over to the Tutti Designs Store and check out all of the fabulous dies in this latest release.  And, of course, you'll want to browse through the store to see what other dies you need to have on hand.

Need inspiration? 
The team has something new to share here on the Tutti Designs Blog EACH and EVERY DAY!   Pop in often and see for yourself ... what a talented group of designers!!

For your convenience, here are all the Tutti Designs quick links you will need:

 Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.