Thursday, April 13, 2017

Wild about you . . .

Hello Dear Friends!
I have a card to share today that was created because of a card I received in a pack from yet another company that we send money too.  This particular organization is called the 'Fresh Air Fund' and provides free summer experiences to low-income kids as well as tutoring for them during school months.

Anyways ... please keep in mind I am still getting familiar with the new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks (which is what I used for the background on my card) ... so I still need a lot of practice!  LOL    But hubby was impressed so I'm happy with it!   
Here's MY card . . .


I need a LOT of practice on my Milky Way ... looks like the sky is about to explode ... lol ... but you get the idea!

















I have created a Z-Fold card and wanted it to be masculine so went with a jungle theme.  

Okay so I suppose you'd like to see the card I drew my inspiration from!
Now be kind ... I told you I need more practice!  LOL
Here's my inspiration card from the Fresh Air Fund.

Mind you ... this was an actual photograph!  Beautiful isn't it!
I find it amazing that no matter what I'm doing or where I am ... I see something that inspires me to create!
How awesome is that ... 
I know ... kind of crazy too!  LOL

Challenges to share in:

Dream Valley Challenge #153 - Our 4-legged friends

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek.
What has sparked your creativity today???
As always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs
Inks:  Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks, Versafine Onyx
Stamps:  Stampscapes, GinaK 'Wild About You', Heartfelt Creations Sentiment
Dies:  Tutti Designs 'Happy' and 'Birthday'



19 comments:

  1. Wow, two very beautiful cards! Love the wonderful images and your amazing backgrounds. Great job!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I think Hubby is correct! You have captured it perfectly! It's really beautiful! And who doesn't LOVE Giraffes???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this is amazing and I think it is beautifully done and it looks fabulous so I imagine IRL it would knock your socks off! Great job my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful - not much practice needed - I think you nailed it! I am still working with mine too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Ooh La La!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors on these is amazing! I cannot find the words to describe. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this is stunning!!! What an impressive background, and I LOVE the silhouetted figures. This is GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. this is such a fabulous card Darlene, great background.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, this is just too spectacular! I'd say you're doing extremely well working with your inks. Personally, I like your card even better than the photo which inspired you. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would say you did a great job with the oxides on your card, we are our own worse critic aren't we, love the silhouette against it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did a pretty darn amazing job of reproducing the sky in the photo! Glad you shared the original because it shows just how spectacular the night sky can be, and anything you create is within the realm of possibility. Love the wild theme, too. Awesome stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your card is amazing and beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that is an awesome sky, beautiful CASE. Thanks for linking up to our challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a beautiful sky you created! Thanks for sharing with us Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the night sky and the African theme, good luck in our Oh La La Creations challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't done anything like your background yet and I love your background. Beautifully done. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eine magische Abendstimmung mit der Giraffe. Super! Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers. Freuen uns dich auch beim nächsten Mal dabei zu haben. LG Karina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darlene, amazing backgrounds and great cards!
    Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge. Please come back again soon!
    Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning cards ! Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Artistic Stamper
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene