background

Monday, May 1, 2017

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Happy May Everyone!
WOW ... I can't believe we are in the month of May already!
Christmas will be right around the corner!  LOL

I mentioned last week that my crafting friend Sandy was staying the week with us.  Well that week FLEW by, in fact she's headed back to NC as we speak and I must say, we had a wonderful visit.  She was able to link up with other friends, ex-coworkers and family members during her visit and we actually got a LITTLE crafting time in here and there.  Her main reason for coming back to Ohio was to attend the annual Adventures in Stamping Convention held in downtown Akron, OH each April and even though it is a two day event, I chose to only deal with the madness one of the two days.  LOL!!   She however went both days and found some pretty cool stuff.  I did find a couple fun things so wanted to share a card today using one of the stamp/die sets I purchased at the Art Impression booth.

How cute is this?



 I kept coming back to this booth and looking at this particular set and thinking what fun cards I could make for my craft shows using it so I just had to buy it.  As soon as I got home I had to quickly create a card since I have a private country club show this Wednesday and I know the ladies will love it.  Hopefully I can get time to create a couple more.


I've used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers for the coloring and Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Squares' to create the window.  My inside birthday wishes/cupcake are from a very old Inkadinkado set.

Challenges to share in:
Color Inspiration Monday Challenge - ATG w/hand colored image
Pile It On Challenge #129 - Interactive and/or Birthday

I have a lot to get finished before Wednesday's show so it's going to be a busy couple of days around here.  That's what happens when you take a week off to PLAY AROUND!  LOL

For instance ... I have a dozen tea cups to decorate, fill and package.  At least along the way I was able to get them die cut and put together.


And another half dozen tissue box covers to decorate and package.
This won't take long once I figure out how I want to decorate them.


LOL ... like I said ... going to be a busy couple of days around here!  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hope you have a FABULOUS week ahead!!
As always . . .


11 comments:

  1. Oh, hahahahahahaha! You AI card made me laugh myself silly! The front draws you in and makes you wonder, then the inside reveals the hilarity. I LOVE it!! You've got a lot going on there with your tea cups and tissue boxes. They're going to be awesome! It would take me forever. Thank goodness you work a lot faster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Are you a busy gal, Darlene! So nice to have a visit from a crafty friend and IKWYM about the fun stamps at Art Impressions. Such a fun frame here both inside and out. Thanks so much for joining our Frame It challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dar, this card is just fantastic !!! Love how you've put this stamp front/back - great idea. This stamp is next "must have" on my wish list, LOL. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cute card, the boxes are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness, how cute is this card! Your teacups look great as do the tissue boxes. Please take a pic when it's ready to take to your show. Would love to see the finished products. Have fun and good luck.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is great but let's get down to the OMG I love that............it's the cups. These are so cute. What do you fill them with? Is this a die? What do they look like when filled? You gotta show one that is filled and wrapped. I love these. Time's ticking. Get going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a real fun creation Darnell, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    And I hope you get all those other projects finished, you sure are going to be busy for a day or two.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that set and your beautiful and FAB card! There's just something about that hat lol How fun to go to a convention, I can only image! Hope you had so much fun with your friend, sounds like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is pure class, I love it along with all your other projects. Such a talent! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see why you had to have that one, such a fun card! I didn't see that one at our convention, glad you had fun with your friend! Hope you had a good sale today and was able to catch up on all you still had to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super cute... thank you so much for joining our 49th challenge at Aurora Wings blog.. Hope you can join our next challenge.. and Good Luck ;) xx ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene