Thursday, June 15, 2017

Sketchabilities #149

Happy Thursday All!
Another weekend is upon us and another graduation party ... 
my how time is flying by!  I'm really starting to feel old!  LOL

Anyways ... a few years back, Karan Gerber had a sketch challenge blog
called 'Sketchabilities'.  I was fortunate enough to be a member of her DT for a term or two and loved every sketch she challenged us with.  Her life got VERY busy so she had to close her challenge blogs but she's had so many requests and lovely comments about how much they were missed that she's offering up a new sketch for us to create from, share and be inspired by.  You can see all the details HERE . . .

The sketch I'm working from today is #149


Here's what I came up with . . .



What fun I had diving into one of Karan's sketches again!  I haven't had my stencils out in month, not to mention the Tim Holtz tissue tape ... it's been a few YEARS since I last used that!!   I really had to 'think outside the box' to come up with elements I was happy with but knew I wanted to do something with one of the many 'vintage' images I have from the TJ Designs company that I purchased at the Adventures in Stamping Convention several years ago.

Do you enjoy a challenging sketch?  
If your answer is yes, then by all means come play along!
I always enjoy seeing what others envision when looking at the same sketch!

Busy day today so I really must cut this short.
All products used on my creation are listed below!
Have a wonderful day everyone . . .
As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  white cs, ivory cs, brown leather cs, pink cs, purple cs, black cs
Dies:  Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Squares' #218, Penny Black 'Best Day' #51-335, Spellbinder Classic Circles, Spellbinder Classic Scallop Circles, Memory Box 'Climbing Vine' #99623, Sue Wilson 'Pierced Tags' #CED4305
Stamps:  Flourishes, Inkadinkado
Accessories:  Tim Holtz Distress ink, Tim Holtz Oxide Distress ink, Tim Holtz 'Splatters' stencil, Tim Holtz 'Symphony' tissue tape, Versafine Onyx, Nuvo Violet Galaxy Crystal Drops, Prima flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.