Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Honoring Our Independence!

Happy 4th of July to all my U.S.A. Friends & Family!

Image result for happy 4th of july images

We don't have any big plans or cookouts to go to today but our flag is out flying proudly and I have on my favorite Red/White/Blue shirt in honor of our Independence Day!  God Bless all the men & women who continue to fight the fight that we can continue to be free!  And with that in mind, I also wanted to create a card for the occasion so here goes . . .


This was a very quick card but I love how it turned out!

I created the background panel using Tim Holtz Oxide Distress Inks ...  Faded Jeans & Fired Brick.  I simply smudged some onto my craft mat ... spritzed with water and using a wide bristle artist brush created the alternating stripes.  Dried with heat gun ... sprinkled with water & dabbed off with cloth.    PERFECT!

I've had this silhouette image in my stash for quite some time ... it's from the internet, and added the words using Word10 before printing.  Die cut using the Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Rectangle' dies then matted with black card stock.  The only embellishment is Memory Box 'Beloved Stars'

It's SIMPLE ... but SAYS IT ALL!

Challenges to share in:
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #289 - ATG  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - ATG
Glitter N Sparkle Challenge #246 -  Freedom
Simon Says Monday Challenge -  Red white and/or blue
Creatalicious Challenge #118 -  ATG or red white and blue
Cards in Envy - red, white and blue

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a FABULOUS day and God Bless!

As always . . .

13 comments:

  1. Very striking card, Darlene! I really like how you created your diagonal stripes for your card, and the bold silhouette. I'm so glad you joined us for our Red, White and Blue challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome background and an amazing card! Enjoy your stay-at-home 4th. Sounds like ours, but the rest of the weekend has been busy, so I'm ready for a quiet day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous. I love that background. The water splatters really add a lot. Wonderful focal too....very touching. Happy 4th, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bookmarked!!, I really like your web site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect card for 4th July, love the splatters.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your patriotic card! Great design for the background and I just LOVE the silhouette image framed with the faux stitching. Thanks for playing with us over at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect patriotic card, the background turned out so cool, and great image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful image and a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, this card really moved me. My husband served 6 years and was in Iraq when our first son was born, so the sacrifice is close to my heart. I shared the pic with him on the 4th and he loved your design too. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! infact, stunning! Love the strong image and words and the superb paper behind. And the way you used the star diecut....perfect. A perfect card. Thankyou for eneting into our challenge at Glitter n Sparkle.Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the background is awesome, I actually thought it was DS paper...very cool...happy late 4th!! (very late...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional red, white & blue” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene