Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Season of Magic . . .

Hello Friends!
It's time for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Diane is our hostess today and her theme of choice is:
GLITTER
and here's the gorgeous inspiration board Diane has created ...

Once again Diane has come up with another fabulous theme that truly challenges me!
You see, I am what they call 'Loose Glitter Challenged!'
Anytime I try to use the many little jars of loose glitter I have in my stash, it ends up EVERYWHERE!
And I mean EVERYWHERE!!!  (just ask my husband, lol)

So today I've cheated a bit by using Glittered Cardstock!  But at least I don't have little bits of sparkle from one end of the house to the other!!    Here's my card ... hope you like it!! 


The Glittered Cardstock I'm referring to is by the Paper Studio and was purchased at Hobby Lobby.  The price was right and SO MANY COLORS ... WOW!!   And it die cuts beautifully! 


Since I didn't go the extra mile in using loose glitter, I spent a little extra time on my focus image.  The 'background' to the Memory Box 'Gentle Horizon Oval' die pops out.  So I got the bright idea to die cut another panel using a snowy designer paper (from the scrap box ... YAY) and reinsert it to give my Poppystamps 'Magic' ... 'Winterland Fairie'  a snowy sky to create her magic in.


By using a small portion of a silver glitter sheet and the Precious Marieke 'Icicle' die, I think my card looks magical and I hope will bring a smile to the recipient this holiday season. 

Challenges to share in:
Crafty Creations Challenge - ATG
Creative Moments Challenge #126 - ATG
Scrapy Land Challenge #73  - ATG with a die
 The Merry Christmas Challenge #33 - ATG Christmas
 The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge #14 - ATG Christmas
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #359 - Punches and/or Does

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!
Here's what Diane has up for grabs to one lucky random draw winner. 

Sparkle Die and Stamp set




You gotta play to win!!
Hope to see you there!
As always . . .

23 comments:

  1. How fun! I love glitter so this just speaks to me! I'm loving everything about this my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers, full of glittery sparkle here, see and no mess at all, don't you love a good challenge..lol!! Very pretty card and your ballerina is the perfect glitter magical center 'star'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sparkle. Loose glitter or not. This is very pretty and looks magical.

    I have found glitter in my kitchen drawers. It really does get ALL over the house. Sometimes my husband is wearing it and doesn't realize it. Yikes! Sorry, honey. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just WOW, Darlene! Fantastic glittery creation! Love, LOVE glitter paper and can never have enough. This is a fabulous collection of colors. I have a pad of pastel glitter paper that doesn't die cut worth a darn, but my other glitter papers cut great. Gosh, this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I love this card, Darlene! It truly is magical with the glitter/fairy image. I am really inspired by this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You remind me of that stamp I have....She Leaves A Sparkle Wherever She Goes....in your case it is literally! lol This card IS magical! I love the sparkle and colors and that top die cut is FAB as is that sweet fairy! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So spectacular with the use of the glitters. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, this is truly magical! Love the magic die cut, and of course, all the sparkle! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Love it!

    Thank you for sharing your creative talent at our challenge at Creative Moments, good luck!
    Looking forward to see you at the next challenge

    X
    Diana
    DT member at Creative Moments
    Diana's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a glitter card-stock gal too Darlene! lol Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sparkly Fairy Skater!! It is lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your kind words on my blog! I have had a lovely snoop around your fabulous blog! I am also your newest follower (by e-mail)! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!
    Janis, The Merry Christmas Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your beautiful card is just magical as it's dripping with fabulous glitter! I love the snowflake snippet of dsp in the center which perfectly blends with all the sparkle, and those tiny trees - I love them too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jaw dropping achievement Darlene! Wanna love it!
    And Thank u for leaving such a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa, just look at all that glitter. Thank goodness for glitter card stock, right? I love what you have done with all those die cuts, the fairy focal is so elegant. Such a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As a lover of all things glittered, let me send you my address... Love this and am amazed you did it with cardstock only. Beautiful and so happy you joined in on the Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful design Darlene; so pretty with the fairy and the sparkly touches are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic, love the snowflake background behind your cute fairy, Oh my I just might have to buy some glitter paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darlene,
    i love everything about your card... including the fact that is has so much sparkle with no loose glitter! (I used to teach cardmaking classes at a local stamp store. Whenever the cards included glitter, I would make each participant a little pin to wear that said, "Yes, I know I have glitter on my face!" It always brought giggles!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I just love this Darlene! The die cut sparkly layers are truly gorgeous, a beautiful blend. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapy Land. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene