Tuesday, August 21, 2018

CAS Christmas

Happy Tuesday All!
I'm headed to the airport later today to pick up my aunt
who is coming in for our 3-Day Family Reunion 
(very large family ... takes us that long to say hello to everyone!  lol)

But before all the fussin' begins, I've been trying to
work ahead on some holiday cards and spotted a few challenges that
I thought would work well for my efforts.


I think this card is the most CLEAN & SIMPLE card I've ever
created ... but took me forever!!
 You may have noticed, I don't do a lot of wet embossing on my cards
and, there's a reason for that!  
1.  I make a MESS!
2.  I must be doing something wrong because
my cards are always warped  (hate that!)
3.  SO difficult to get a good photograph ... ugh!

The challenges I was referring to are:
CAS Christmas August Challenge - CAS Christmas (8/24)
Pile It On Challenge - New Technique and/or OLD Stash (8/31)
 Through the Purple Haze Challenge - CAS (entry #3) (8/31)


The stamp set I have used is circa 2001 and is Stampin' Up 'Lovely as a Tree'.
The sentiment is from another stamp set and it is SO OLD it doesn't even have any markings on it ... probably an off brand from one of the box stores.  (before I realized all the fabulous stamp companies out there! lol)

I used my TH stamping platform today with these stamps (hence the reason my tree looks a bit fuller than normal).  Since I couldn't see the image when stamped with Versamark, I restamped it and it must have shifted a bit in between the two takes ... grrr!   As stated, it was stamped with Versamark and embossed with Gold sparkle embossing powder (also OLD ... no name).

This will probably be the ONE AND ONLY embossed holiday card you will be seeing me create this year!  Just too messy and takes me way too long fussing with it all ... LOL!

I do hope you've enjoyed what I had to share today.
Now I best get something else done before the two & half hour drive
to the airport.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Here's wishing you a FABULOUS week ahead!
 
As always ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.