Thursday, September 13, 2018

Butterfly Decoupage

Hello All and Happy Thursday!
Holy Moly ... these weeks are going by FAST!!!  

Today I've created a card for the challenge over on the Back to Basics Blog
where the theme is Decoupage.


I have had a variety of these 'decoupage' sheet laying on the shelf for several year now and this challenge gave me a good excuse to put one together!


I have used Penny Black 'Painted Blooms' 6x6 designer paper for my background.  
Penny Black - Paper Pad - 6
I cut the side down to the width I needed then glued the piece I cut back ontop of that edge so I would have the manufacturer highlighting around the entire piece.  So you can't see the seam, I simply cut a 1/2" strip of hunter green card stock that was laying on the work table and covered over it.  (sneaky huh?  lol)


I also had this Lawn Fawn 'Happy Fall' die cut for another project (then decided not to use it) and thought it would worked well on this card.  What are your thoughts?
Lawn Fawn - Happy Fall Line Border Die


I don't know why I've waited so long to put some of these together!
It really came together quickly and I think looks awesome!  I have kept the overall design pretty clean & simple in order to bring all the attention to these lovely butterflies.  
Hope you like it!

 Thanks so much for stopping by and as always . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.