Saturday, September 8, 2018

CAS Christmas

Hello Friends and Happy Weekend!

BFF Diane (Nellie's Nest) and I were talking the other day and we decided to once again challenge each other by creating something for the same challenge.  Diane chose our challenge for today and it is the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches Blog.  Here's their sketch inspiration . . .


Now, anyone who knows me, knows I struggle with the CAS (clean & simple) design style.  So, when I first looked at this sketch I thought 'Holy Smokes ... what am I going to do with this?'  Then I took a peek at the DT samples ... they were so helpful and instantly eased my mind!  (You'd think this would be a snap! )   NOT!

Here's what I came up with  . . .


I have had this beautiful (OLD) Stampin' Up holiday paper pack for several years now and thought it would make the perfect background for this beautiful Yvonne Creations Holly Jolly Music Border die.

Yvonne Creations - Holly Jolly - Music Border

I've die cut my image three times.  Did a little coloring using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers for the top panel before gluing them all together for added dimension.  VIOLA ... another holiday card ready for the upcoming Christmas season.


Now, I must confess!  I will probably add 'a sentiment or something' in that blank space before I actually send it to anyone but we will see ... I will try to keep my hands off of it and just add a sentiment to the inside!  Ugh ... CAS is so difficult ... I can think of so many things I'd like to add!  LOL

Be sure to pop over to Diane's (Nellie's Nest) blog and see her rendition of this same sketch.    

Well that's my share for today ... hope you've enjoyed your visit.

Have a GREAT day and as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.