Saturday, September 15, 2018

Dies R Us Challenge - What's Your Number?

Hello All...
Well here we are half way through another month and of course
that means it's time for a new challenge
at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.

And, the theme is:
WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER
 (use a number on your project)


My grandson turned 21 earlier this month and I just had to make him a special card to mark the milestone!  This kid has been involved with cars, bikes & racing since he was born so of course I had to go with a diamond plate background for his special card.    I've used Silver Metallic paper and an old Cuttlebug diamond plate embossing folder.

Here's another angle ... it is SO HARD to get a good photo when using these metallic papers.

I used a scrap piece of black card stock and die cut the 21 (Memory Box Classic Numbers)
then popped up the panel for dimension.  The heart & candle were 'left overs' from another project and just happened to be laying on my work table so I put them to use!  Perfect!  The Happy & Birthday is a Poppystamps die called 'Jumbled Happy Birthday'.

Here's a couple of photos I snagged the birthday boy's FB page ...
Told you he likes racing!
And obviously doesn't mind getting dirty.
Sure glad I'm not doing his laundry!   LOL

 BOYS WILL BE BOYS!


Okay ... so I couldn't close with you thinking my grandson is always this dirty! LOL
He cleans up really nice too ...
Such a handsome young man!

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!

Challenges to share in:
Daring Cardmakers Challenge - Who's the [Em]boss?
As You Like It Challenge - Favorite Boy or Girl & Why  (my one & only Grandson... so handsome)
Craft Rocket Challenge #52 - Boys/Men
Seize the Birthday Challenge - Birthday + Die Cuts and/or Punches
The Paper Shelter Challenge - Embossing
Scrapy Land Challenge #97 - ATG using product they carry
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - POP it up

Thanks for stopping by ...
As always ...

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous 21st card, love the shine!
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge this week. Good luck, hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card for a 21 year old young man, the embossed background, well perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card for a 21 year old young man, the embossed background, well perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossing on the silver with the black die cuts. Very effective. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card. I love that diamond plate E.F. and I agree with you about photographing the metallic paper! I just recently made a dirt bike card for my 11 year old son and used the same E.F. and metallic paper and I must've took 50 pictures just to get a good one!! Man, I wish we had trails like that where I live!! I'm sure your Grandson loved this awesome card you made for him. Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great male Card. The embossed Background Looks amazing on the silver metal paper.
    Thanks for sharing your Card with the Daring Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I think he looks cute all dirty, but he sure does clean up purdy, too! Perfect card for him and very opportune that it fit in with the DRU challenge. This would be a challenge for me, but I've been seeing some number sets I wouldn't mind having, so you girls have done your job! Have a good rest of the weekend. I think I finally caught up with all your posts. It's a lot quicker on my blog, isn't it? Teeheeheeheehee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is truly a great card for a young man who enjoys racing! What a cool masculine birthday card!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card for a handsome boy! Loved reading your post. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.