Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Double D - Let's POP a Wheelie ...

Today over on the Double D Challenge Blog,
Diane is our hostess and her theme today is ...

Let's POP a 'Wheel'ie
(anything that has wheels)

Check out this amazing mood board she has created for your inspiration!
 
 OMG what fun!  I could have gone in so many directions but one peek at my card and you will know what my eyes were drawn to ... lol!


Yep, it was that old yellow truck with the red rails.
I have used the Impression Obsession 'Truck' die for today's focus.  
 Impression Obsession - Dies - Classic Truck
Die cut from bright yellow card stock multiple times and glued together for dimension.
The wheels are actually 3 layers of white and the top layer of black.
It just so happened that I had that old Flourishes 'Country Road' stamp set still laying on my work table from a previous project and thought the farm scene would work perfectly for the background.  So, I die cut a white panel using my Tutti Designs Cross Stitched dies (largest one), sponged on a little green ink for the grass and blue for the sky (actually just used what was left on the sponge daubers)  then stamped the scene and sentiment.  The birds in the sky are a stamp by Stampscapes.
Nothing says 'country' more than red gingham and there just happened to be a few sheets of it in my new Mintay 'Farm Life' paper pack (purchased through Frantic Stampers).    And the finishing touch was my Poppystamps 'Picket Fence' which was cut from brown leather look card stock.

I do hope you'll come join in our challenge ... this is going to be a FUN ONE!
Check out what Diane has up for grabs to one lucky random draw winner.
Don't forget to check out what the DT ladies have created ... 
OMG they are SO TALENTED!!!

Challenges to share in:
Lemon Shortbread Challenge - ATG
Through the Craft Room Door - ATG
{PIN}spiration Challenge  #223 - Photo Inspiration

 Artistic Inspirations Challenge #206 - ATG

Thanks so much for stopping by and as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.