Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Sisterhood of Crafters - Cozy Plaids

Hello dear friends!
Wow!  Time is sure flying by!
It's already time for a new challenge over

The theme today is a fun one, offered up by hostess Diane ...

Cozy Plaids!



Plaid always reminds me of my Dad!
He wore plaid flannel shirts all the time in the Fall/Winter
and this particular plaid pattern really brought back memories.
Of course, then I thought of his old Farmall Tractor and VIOLA!

After selecting the plaid pattern I wanted from the Ella & Viv  Paper Company called 'Perfectly Plaid Kit', I then chose this fun Die Versions 'Big Tractor' die (DVW-241) and cut it from red card stock.  It has been popped up on my white Tutti Designs Cross Stitched Rectangle panel and then the white panel was popped up onto the navy card stock die cut panel before adhering my focus panel to the plaid background.

 In searching for an appropriate sentiment, I spotted this one in an old Flourishes stamp set titled 'Country Road'
(do you hear John Denver singing??  I do!!  lol) 


After stamping it onto a scrap of white card stock, I die cut the banner using one of the dies in the Sue Wilson Stitched Flags die set.  A few royal blue sequins and my card is ready to post!

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out! 
As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

1 comment:

  1. I love that little red tractor on your plaid Darlene, its so cute! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.