Wednesday, October 31, 2018

In the Winter . . .

. . . we will build a Snowman!

Hello friends!
Today I'm playing along with the new challenge over on the Back to Basics and Beyond
Challenge Blog where their theme is a sketch.  I love a good sketch ... don't you?


Here is their sketch I followed ...


I rarely do a square card so I modified it to create an A6 card but of course followed the sketch design.  I happened to spot this very old Stampin' Up stamp set called 'Sweet Seasons' and thought this little guy looked like he wanted to be inked up and colored. 

So now I have my design and my image ... just need to figure out what papers I wanted to use with my image.  A great friend of mine from Illinois (Waving Hi to Bette) recently sent me some 12 x 12 papers to help me out in my huge 400 candy box order and this was one of the sheets that was left over.  And the fact that it was double sided worked perfectly.


I have used the Tutti Designs Dotted Nesting Rectangles to create the frame for my image.

TUTTI-414 Dotted Nesting Rectangles

Other dies I've used are Memory Box 'Wintry Snowflakes'

Memory Box - Dies - Open Studio - Wintry Snowflakes

and Memory Box 'Frosty Border' #98171

I've used a white Gelly Roll Pen to create the snow on the solid blue panel.
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers were used for the coloring as well as Tim Holtz Distress 'Broken China' ink to sponge lightly around the image.
Dimensional tape has been used behind my focus image as well as the Sparkly Silver snowflakes to achieve added dimension.


Challenges to share in:
Papercraft Challenges #23 - Inspired by a Song
(In the Meadow we will build a Snowman)
Die Cuttin' Diva's Challenge #393 - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread Challenge #79 - Anything Goes
Crafter's Castle Challenge #10 - Winter/Christmas

I hope you've enjoy today's card share.
Thanks so much for stopping by and as always . . .

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty with all the snowy goodness, great use of that cool stamp cool...thanks for joining us at Back To Basics and Beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card, love your take of the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do love a good sketch, and it's very clever how you worked this one! Cute image, great paper and dies. It's a winter wonderland all over your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image and love the layout.
    Thank you for entering our Challenge at Lemon Shortbread http://lemonshortbreadchallenge.blogspot.com/
    Regards
    Mel DT
    https://melgeecrafts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute. I love the snowflakes and the paper. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great focal image and I love the snowflakes which decorated it so well. This is a wonderful winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful snowy image and a great take on our sketch
    Thank you for joining us at BBB
    Margaret DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do know that i have that song in my mind now and can't stop singing it, LOL!
    Very cute image, I so love the different style of snowflakes you have and that they are sparkle too!
    Such pretty papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and great use of the sketch. C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card, gets me right into the winter spirit! thanks for playing along on the Papercraft-Challenges blog. Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card with lots of dimension! Thank you for playing along with our "Inspired By A Song" challenge at Papercraft Challenges. Happy crafting, yours Maike

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the design of your card, and how you were inspired by the song.
    Thank you for sharing this cheerful card at our challenge. I hope you will join us again at our next challenge.

    -xiss- Renate.
    (DT Papercraft Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful take on our challenge sketch, Dar! And I love your vintage image done in bright colors - I can feel the crisp air, something we sorely are desirous of here in Florida! It's a fantastic card! Thanks for uploading your fabulous creation to Back to Basics and Beyond Challenges. I hope we will see more of your artwork in our future challenges. Be sure to check back later to see if you have won!
    Crafty hugs, de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card using the sketch. So pleased you shared with us at Back to Basics and Beyond. We hope to see you visit us again. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.