Sunday, December 9, 2018

Cheapo Dies - In the Quiet Forest . . .

Hello All!
Today I'm sharing a fun holiday creation 
using dies from the Cheapo Dies Store.


 Today, I've once again used TWO Cheapo dies
for my creation.



 and



I began my creation by die cutting the Reindeer Scene twice from white card stock.  While the one was still in the die, I
colored the pieces that would typically 'fall out' with a darker blue alcohol marker.  Then very carefully removed it from the die trying to keep as many 'fall out' pieces in tact as possible. 


Next I glued my reindeer scene to a Tutti Designs 'Scalloped Stitched Nesting Circles' die cut circle

TUTTI-419 Scalloped Stitched Nesting Circles 


and reinserted the pieces that fell out.  Once it was all adhered to the circular panel, I went over the pop out pieces again with a lighter blue alcohol marker.


 Lastly I glued the 2nd white reindeer panel over top to hide the mis-coloring and create a clean image.


I have used the Sizzix 3=D Textured Impressions snowflake embossing folder (#662287) as the background for my focus image and also matted my reindeer scene using another circular die cut from snowflake designer paper.  Once this was all together, I decided to add the Holly Branch.

The branch was die cut from a scrap of white card stock then colored using markers and glued to the lower front of my card.  I like how it mimics the scrolly antlers of the deer.


I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today, and, if you're not familiar with Cheapo Dies, you are missing out!!!

Here's a listing of their store, blog & FB links to help you get familiar:

Thanks to all of you for stopping by today!
Here's wishing you a FABULOUS week ahead!

As always ...

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card with those lovely dies!
    I also like the embossing background.
    Well done!
    Hugs Crealientje.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful scene with some great dies and embossing folder. Love this card. [Bunny]````

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so super wonderful. I love that die a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The holly branch underlines the scene beautifully. You know... I've just got a thing for deer with those gorgeous scrolly antlers. That's a beautiful die and you made an absolutely lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layers you have done with the scrolly deer frame and you are so right the scrolls on the holly branch go with it very well, a pretty touch to add to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous scene you have created with the combo of those 2 dies...love all the colors too, another beauty my friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.