Saturday, December 1, 2018

Time to Trim the Tree

Hello Everyone!
It's a new month and that means the start of a new monthly challenge


How many of you still decorate a live tree?
We always had a fresh tree when I was growing up ... in fact,  Mark & Ihad a fresh tree every Christmas until we moved from Pittsburgh to Toledo.  Since we were coming home to celebrate with our families and there would be no one to water the live tree, we broke down and purchased an artificial tree ... but a beautiful 10' tree that looked gorgeous in our Victorian styled home in Toledo.   Once we moved here to Akron, we had to cut a couple of feet from the bottom to have it fit in our sunken livingroom.  But, I must admit, once it's all decorated, it is STILL a beautiful tree 15+ plus years later.


I have been playing with my Vintage Hue & Glitter film sheets from Stamp On It.  
I just LOVE the holiday images they have along with many other beautiful image sheets.
By adding the glitter film, it just brings this image to life.

To frame my image, I used the Lawn Fawn large & small Cross Stitched Rectangle Stables.

Lawn Fawn - Small Cross Stitched Rectangle Stackables DiesLawn Fawn - Large Cross Stitched Rectangle Stackables Dies

The accent trees in the corner are Impression Obsession 'Fir'

Impression Obsession - Dies - Fir Trees

Frantic Stamper - Dies - Merry Christmas




I hope you've enjoyed today's Christmas card and I can't wait to see what
you create and share over at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.
 Thanks so much for stopping by and wishing you a fabulous week ahead!

As always ...


4 comments:

  1. Oh, how beautiful! I love how you decorated the little die cut trees to go with your gorgeous frosty scene. The red sentiment on dark background is stunning, too. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: I meant to add that we bought an artificial tree after our son grew up.
    We'd always go to a tree farm, have a nice walk around and choose one for them to cut. It was a nice family outing. Honestly, you can hardly tell the difference between artificial and real. A lot less messy and saves the yearly expense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also started off our marriage with a real tree, mainly because we didn't have anywhere to store a christmas tree in our apartments, but once we did have room we went to artificial tree, I like having my tree up for a very long time :) I love these scenes in your glitter film sheets, they are just gorgeous, and I do love the die cuts to go with them., so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.