ATTENTION PLEASE

** ATTENTION PLEASE - FYI**
AFTER DECEMBER 2026, our Two Old Bats and Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge Blogs will be closing their doors.

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Busy! Busy! Busy!

Hello Friends and Happy Weekend!

We are to have a rainy day today and a very WINDY day tomorrow so you can guess where you'll find me since the sun isn't shining!  LOL
Yep ... right here in Dar's Crafting Cave!  

The one project I intended on completing over the winter months was to REDO my collection of DIES.   (I promise to share photos when it's all done ... nice & neat!  lol)   Yes, most people who know me, know I have a LOT of dies and have often been asked how I store them ... well here's the method I found works best for me.

Most of my dies are housed in 7x9"  3-ring binders.  I have them sorted by categories ... i.e. circles, rectangles, flowers, leaves, birds, hearts, baby ... etc., etc. And, they are stacked on a 4 foot table at the end of my other working tables (I'll share a complete photo when it's all done and clean lol)

 As you can see, many are 'bulging' and  need divided into a second binder.  Some are actually already in more than one binder but to make stacking easier, I want to divide them one more time.  I obviously didn't realize when I started 'collecting' dies that I would end up with so many ... but it is what it is and now I just want to make it look nice & organized!  Believe it or not, I DO know what dies I have and where they are ... well, MOST of them!  LOL



The only one's I have a defined color binder for are my Tutti Design Dies which are all housed in Purple Binders and are in a  consecutive numbering system by Release.  I have even created a nice cover label using the Tutti logo.

The extra purple binders on the bottom shelf are a couple extra binders for future dies.  One binder holds my extra clear sheets w/magnetic sheet ... all ready to go when new dies arrive.  (see the red & white binders on the right side?  those are all Christmas dies and they too need redone since they are getting quite heavy and difficult to deal with)

Within the binders I use clear sleeves (purchased at Staples)

and, inside each sleeve is a magnetic sheet.  These sheets are actually Magnetic Vent Covers purchased from Lowe's or Home Depot and they are 8x15 in size.  I cut them at 5" which gives me three from each sheet and there are 3 sheets to a pack.  The back side of these sheets are white so that gives me the option of writing the name of the die/ the company and the item number for each die on that particular magnetic sheet.


As seen here ...



I must tell you ... my craft cave is well loved and not always neat & tidy BUT when I get this project completed, I hope to have my binders in better color sequence & front labeling verses the array of color & labels as I do now.  I must admit, I started out well ... all of the royal blue binders are the Circles, Squares, Rectangles & Ovals ... then it all went kaput from there!  LOL 

Well hubby is putting up a new ceiling fan in our Great Room and he needs a hand so I'd best say goodbye for now.  Have a fabulous weekend and I hope you find time to do something that makes you HAPPY!!

As always . . .


6 comments:

  1. Very similar to my system! My binders are all color coded for mfgs. too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, just WOW!!! I love the vent covers and use them all the time too. They work wonderfully. I am so impressed by your organization!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are ambitious. It will be nice when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great organization, I made a similar work with mine, but my binders are as your red ones... :D Too heavy to move!! LOL And surely you have more dies than me :)
    Waiting to see your craftroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, look at all those dies! Heaven! And so many Tutti! Love how you've color coded their binders, and the vent cover magnetic sheets are perfect. I started out with a binder and magnetic sheets, but didn't know about these vent covers. Much better than the heavy sheets I was using. No way could I ever store this many dies, but if I had the room... You get a lot of use out of them. I love organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I think you have more than me, and I thought I had a lot, LOL! I think you are doing very well with your organizing, I have mine similarly, organized but most of mine are in the Artbin containers, I do have one folder like yours but smaller in size that I have the stray ones that I don't have many from that company, looks like you have it well under control to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.