ATTENTION PLEASE

** ATTENTION PLEASE - FYI**
AFTER DECEMBER 2026, our Two Old Bats and Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge Blogs will be closing their doors.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Appreciate Dad!!

Hello Friends!
With Father's Day this weekend, I am reflecting back
to my growing up years and all the wonderful things I learned from my dad!!
Unfortunately he passed 20+ years ago 
and I would give anything to have just one more day with him! 


There are so many Father's Day challenges out there in blogland
and even though I have no need for a
Father's Day card myself,  I just had to join in the fun!!

I have always LOVED this 'old' (Seaside Sketches circa 2003) SU stamp and
thought it would be perfect for today's card.
I created the background using a variety of Ranger Tim Holtz distress
inks and large sponge daubers (listed below) prior to stamping my image.
Then die cut and popped up each panel for dimension.
A 'Happy Father's Day' banner and this card was DONE!!!


Challenges to share in:
Mod Squad Challenge - Father's Day
Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge - Father's Day
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Use your favorite Technique and/or product

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, DCWV design paper
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Horizon Fishtail Banners' #DL278, Memory Box 'Stitched Circle Layers' #30036, Memory Box 'Chesapeake Circle' #98449
Stamp:  Impression Obsession
Inks:  Versafine Onyx
Ranger (Tim Holtz Distress):  Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar, Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Brushed Corduroy
Accessories:  SU dimensionals, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.