Friday, March 5, 2010

Raise The Bar Challenge #8

Happy Friday Everyone!

How nice it is to sunshine again in N.E. Ohio!!  We are expecting a few days of sunshine and above freezing temperatures and I couldn't be happier!!!  In fact, I noticed my crocuses are beginning to pop up through the remaining snow.  That's a GOOD THING!!

Today on RAISE THE BAR, we are challenging you to Celebrate Women's History Month by using the image of a book on your card/project.  Of course, this is totally open to your interpretation and I can hardly wait to see what you design!!!  Here is what I've come up with:

This adorable image comes from the Crafty Secrets "Story of Me" stamp set and I have colored using Prismacolor markers.  My background paper is a Karen Foster vintage sheet which I thought worked quite well with today's theme.  Here is a complete listing of items used to create this card:

Stamps:  Crafty Secrets STORY OF ME
Papers:  Whisper White, Cranberry, Karen Foster dp
Inks:  Ranger Antique Linen, Versafine Black
Accessories:  Nestabilities classic & scallop circles, gold Pilot marker for edging, Darice ribbon, Prismacolor markers, Prisma pencils, and from Stamp-by-Step came the cording, flowers & vintage brad.

This was such a unique challenge to me and I was VERY impressed with the creations my Co Bar-Tenders have created.  PLEASE pop on over and be inspired!!  There blog links are provided for you below:

Anita ... Sparkle ... Suzi ... Audrey ... Joni (Head Bar Tender)
 
 Thanks to everyone who comes to play our challenge ... we do appreciate your support!  Seems there is a Mr. Linky problem for last week's 3's Company challenge so our Head Bar Tender Joni has extended participation through Saturday (3/6) ... please pop over to the challenge blog for the details.
 
As always ... thanks so much for stopping by today and don't forget to come back tomorrow for more Saturday Spotlight fun!!  Hope to see you then!!  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. This is fab hun! Love the wee kiddie.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out really nice Dar! What pretty bg paper, and I love the scallops and that image is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Darlene! I love this little guy perched on his stack of books--so sweet!

    Glad you're getting a bit of sunshine--you deserve it! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. My, you are one talented lady, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy friday to you to Darlene!!!!
    gorgeous card hun, I love the way you blend vintage & new...how cool is that! Makes for a beautiful style of creating!
    Hugs & blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a librarian! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful take on the challenge, Darlene! I love the background with this image. Great inspiration, as always, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job as always Darlene!! I love the vintage look with this cute little fella.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.