Saturday, December 31, 2016

Dies R Us - Springtime Songbird

WOW can you believe we are on the last day of 2016 ...
Today I have a card to share that was created for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog using dies carried at the Dies R Us Store!    I know we who are in the northeastern part of the USA are in the middle of winter ... but it's never too early to start thinking of warmer days that consist of flowers and birds singing in the trees.  Hence the inspiration for today's creation.

I recently purchased the Sue Wilson 'Indian Ocean Collection - Background' die set (#CED10011) and couldn't wait to use it on a card.  My card size is 5x7 and there are actually pieces to this die set that I did NOT use ... it's a 7 piece set!
Sue Wilson Designs - Indian Ocean Collection - Background
I had a large scrap piece of designer paper in my stash from another project and thought possibly it would give me the springtime look I was after so used it as the background as well as some of the other pieces (inside rectangular panel ... sunflower).
Here are the panels I cut and used for the background on my card.

Other dies I've used for the foreground of my card are:

Impression Obsession - Dies - Bird On Branch
Cheery Lynn Designs - Sunflower

Sue Wilson Designs - Petite Peony Cluster

For the floral element, I die cut the Cheery Lynn Designs Sunflower three times ... one time each from dark green card stock, white card stock and the daisy designer paper.  
Next I shaped the designer paper panel petals and stacked them being sure to offset them just a bit so all layers are seen.  

After placing the peony cluster in the bottom right corner I felt the sunflower needed a little 'something' so I die cut another peony cluster from the dark green card stock ... cut it apart and tucked it in around the sunflower!  Awww that's better!  LOL


 Remember, each an every day of the month there's a new inspiration sample shared on the blog by this fabulous design team.  Please be sure to pop in regularly.

Challenges to share in:
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #331 - Anything Goes
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #396 - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts #174 - Anything Goes
Southern Girls Challenge #150 - Anything Goes

And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below. 
click below for:

  Thanks so much for stopping by today!
HAPPY NEW YEAR and as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.