Sunday, January 24, 2010

Being Inspired by Others ...

Happy Sunday Evening Everyone!!
On this rainy, miserable weather day in NE Ohio, I decided to work on a couple of projects inspired by others that I have had sitting aside.


I was recently visiting StampTV and saw this clever "
Memory Keeper Part 1" - "Memory Keeper Part 2" and couldn't wait to make myself a "template" to use when time permitted. I thought this was a great idea not only for photos but for a gift set of 4 cards which GinaK also demonstrated a few days later.

This is my interpretation of Gina K's creation and I thought I would give this set to my neighbor who thought of me when she needed those bridal shower invitations ... just to say "Thanks, I'm glad you like my work!"

The other set I will probably give to my mother to keep on hand just in case she needs a last minute gift. She's very active with the Red Hat Ladies as well as the church and other dancing & singing functions so I thought she might like to have a few of these sets on hand.

I only have these two sets made at the present time but I'm sure I'll be making many more to have on hand for my mom and myself. The boxes are so easy to make and look so attractive with the matching (or coordinating) designer papers. (Click for a larger view.)

I'm sorry my photo's are not the best! The designer paper used on the cards is of the same color ... cut from the same 12x12 sheet but I guess the angle I took the photos and possibly the lighting, makes it look like a couple of the cards are lighter than the other two.


This 2nd project was inspired by
Deb Saaranen's creation for Sharon Johnson's Very Vintage Challenge this past week. Do you remember these notecards that folded to make a self envelope from many years ago? I hadn't thought about these beauties for years until Deb came up with it and I'm so glad she did! This is my version but PLEASE pop over and check out Deb's version ... it's awesome!!!


You start out with a 12x12 piece of 2-sided designer paper ... in this case, I also used K&Co. Ancestry
designer paper ... as did Deb, but I picked a different pattern. I created my lace flower by cutting a 10" strip of JoAnn's lace ... running a thread through one edge and gathered it together to created my flower. I then adhered it with this beautiful vintage brad ... also from JoAnn's. I've used a gold Pilot marker for my edging.

Here is a view of this vintage idea in "open" position. I have added a piece of very vanilla cardstock on the "writing" section which I have embellished with a border punched strip and drew lines with a fine tip Creative Memories black marker. (I don't write very straight so I thought I'd add the lines). LOL!!!



I think I'll make up a few of these for my mother's friends too. They always comment on my cards ... maybe they'd like to see something a little different!

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend! Even though the weather has been "not so nice" ... we were able to get a few things done around the house and that always makes me feel like I've accomplished "SOMETHING!". Have a great evening!

10 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! Such lovely colors and so very thoughtful of you! I love the very vintage too! Girlie, you are knocking them off like an assembly line! Whew....I need your mojo! It always inspires though!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous sets that you made! These are so pretty and would make GREAT gifts!

    PS. I love the look of your blog, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - you have been inspired haven't you (seen that type of flower before somewhere. . .)
    Loooove the colours on those gifts, and that envelope note is fabulous (might have to case that myself - lol)
    Hope your weather improoves soon hun!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene,
    I love both of your creations. The note cards are fabulous and I know your neighbor and Mother will love them. What a great gift.

    Your Note card is beautiful. Love that vintage feeling. Great job on both Darlene!!!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, what yummy creations Dar! They really are beautiful! You are such a generous person, always thoughtful of others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Darlene this is beautiful!!! What gorgeous work you have done here sweetie what a great set!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Darlene! I'm so impressed! What fabulous projects! THey are all so beautiful! I saw these on Gina K.'s blog too, and they are on my list to make! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene,
    These are both GREAT projects and I instantly thought..I should make mom a few of these sets as she is always busy with churc, coffees, etc! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, your note card sets are gorgeous! What great little gift ideas!
    The self-note card is beautiful. I love the paper you used..perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.