Friday, October 7, 2011

CDAC progressive fun & FALL Decorating

HAPPY Friday to you all!  
I don't know about where you live, but here in N.E. Ohio it is a GORGEOUS FALL DAY!!!   This morning was very cool & crisp and this afternoon is bright & sunny!  Makes one take a deep breathe and appreciate all the goodness God has given!!

Anyways, today I'd like to share with you creations using THREE of the FIVE images being offered in Round #4 of the Progressive Challenge over at CDAC.  Feel free to click on any image to enlarge.

 First is an adorable Frankenstein type digi image f
rom Bonibleaux Designs. I have used Cloud9 Designs
designer paper and Prismacolor Markers.
 
 LOVE this devilish 'lady' from Teri at Delicious Doodles.
Here I have used Prismacolor markers for my coloring and have added bat & ant stickers as embellishments.  The ribbon is from Michaels and a scrap of Cloud9 Designs dp for the bottom panel.
 
This cute little guy is from Sew Many Cards and I have used the same elements for my creation as I used in the first two.  Spellbinders classic & scallop ovals were used for matting of this cutie pie!!

I still have a couple more images to use for this challenge.  They are already colored and ready to go ... here's hoping I find the time to turn them into cards!

* * * * * * * * *
The reason I didn't get all five of my cards created for the above challenge is that I was in the mood to do some Fall Decorating and surprise hubby when he comes home from his business trip tonight.  I haven't decorated for fall in several years.  After hubby's cancer diagnosis and going through all the treatments & stem cell transplant ... decorating was NOT a priority.  BUT ... now that he's been cancer free for 2-1/2 years... HOORAY! ... it's time once again to have fun and decorate our beautiful home.

Here's a full view of the kitchen coming in from the livingroom as well as a couple closeups. 
Remember, you can click on any image to enlarge it for an even closer look.




Here's what you see when you come through the front door!
Of course, there's going to be decorating done on the outside also ... once the landscapers are finished with our landscaping REDO which is going on RIGHT NOW!!!  (I'll be sharing that with you on another posting).




And here is one of my favorite table settings in the livingroom.  
Showcasing some of my favorite photos of the Grand Kids!!


Okay ... I guess I have kept you long enough!  LOL!!  Thanks so much for stopping by and please be sure to pop over and check out ALL the fun going on at CDAC!

Hugs,
Darlene

11 comments:

  1. I really like all your Halloween cards so cute !!! Man you were not kidding when you said yesterday that you had decorating to do !! My word Mark will think he is at the wrong house LOL So festive he will be delighted!! Good job wish I had your energy !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you come decorate my house too? Beautiful! Love the cards - especially Frankie Stein. I've posted a link to your blog on the Dude Time Doodles Facebook page - be sure to check it out!

    Cleota
    DTD Dudette & Sponsor Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous decorations and your home is beautiful. I'd love a kitchen like that, all space for storage, just fabulous. :) Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards Darlene. Your decorating is so pretty. Love those big sunflowers. I only have my outdoors decorating done. Now you are inspiring me to pull out fall decorations for inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks fabulous! The cards are great and your house looks AWESOME!!! Would it have killed you to share a little bit of your creativity with your daughter?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome makes hun! And I love your decorating!! Doing my kitchen out just now, what a pain getting the old woodchip off!!
    Love and hugs hun!
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. House looks great nana. Havin a Halloween party this year? :-) love you lots. :-) Cute cards too. the one witch reminds me of....well...me. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab batch of cards, love the DP you used with Frankie.

    Ginny
    DTD Dudette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cards Darlene. Your decorating is so pretty You did a wonderful job, I too decorate for all the seasons. have a Happy Fall
    ~ God Bless ~
    Hugs:o)
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! Love each an everyone! Your house looks great too! Very festive! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    HUGS!!
    Kim
    CDAC Progressive Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG,,,, I´d love to stay in yur home,,,and curious, curious, curious, and more curious like Alice,,,, hahahaah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.