Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Gardening time of year . . .

Hello Friends!
WOW!  I still can't believe we are into the month of JUNE already!
I, like most people in the tri-state area, have been busy outdoors lately planting, mowing and just enjoying the sunshine after a long, VERY COLD winter!
Evidently I still had gardening on my mind when I created today's inspiration card for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.  If you are in need of inspiration using die cuts ... this is the place to go!  Each weekday a NEW creation is shared by one of the design team members and they are SO talented I'm sure you'll get some fabulous ideas!!!  Please be sure to pop over!


With all the amazing dies available at our Dies R Us Store, you can create a fun 'scene' card in no time at all ... as I have done today!

My background paper/journal note/banner are from the Graphic45 'Time to Flourish' 8x8 paper pad. And here's a list of the dies used on this fun card:
Cheery Lynn Designs - Butterflies Flying Among the Vines Mesh Border ... I colored the butterflies with a Spectrum Noir GB3 alcohol marker.
Cheery Lynn Designs - Small Exotic Butterflies
Memory Box - Blushing Bouquet   (sponged ink onto the flowers while still in the die)
Spellbinder D'Lites - Blossoms Two
Impression Obsession -  Wheelbarrow
Impression Obsession - Roosters & Chickens
 PoppyStamps - Fence #827 (not presently available at the store)
 ** but the I/O Picket Fence is very similar


As I mentioned, after die cutting the Memory Box 'Blushing Bouquet' from white paper, I simply used what ink happened to be remaining on a few of my sponge daubers to add some color to the flowers. Such an easy and fun way to add a bit of color to your die cuts!
 I also 'popped up' my Rooster & Hen for a little dimension.

Inside

Challenges:
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door Challenge - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspiration Challenge - Anything Goes with a Twist of Die Cuts
Craft Your Passion Challenge - Anything Goes
Get Creative Challenge - Must include Butterflies

Well I have a busy week ahead so I'd best get moving!
Please be sure to come back tomorrow (and each week day) to be inspired by my amazingly talented team mates.  And, don't forget to come join in our new challenge at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog ... current theme is LOVE BIRDS (use a bird on your project).  Hope to see you there!


Thanks for stopping by today!
As always ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.