Saturday, September 19, 2015

Oh to be 13 again . . .

Happy Weekend Everyone!
It's a busy time of the year for me in preparing for the several Fall craft shows I like to participate in.  And it's also time for one of my favorite neighborhood young ladies birthday!  You've seen Ms. Olivia & her sister, Ms. Emily, from time to time on my blog and this week Ms. Olivia is THIRTEEN! 

WOW!  She was only a year old when we moved into the neighborhood and Emily wasn't even born yet.  We've really enjoyed watching these lovely young ladies grow!  And, how honored are we to always be invited to their family birthday parties.  I always try to make a SPECIAL card that reflects WHO they are from year to year and here's what I've come up with for Ms. Olivia today.


I recently ordered a couple of the new Ken Oliver 'color burst' sets and thought I'd give them a try today!  LOVE how the backgrounds turned out ... such beautiful color and I think Ms. "O" (as we call her) will love it!  The 13 background panel was computer generated in Word10 and the Happy Birthday die I used is Creative Expressions 'Sue Wilson'.

Challenges to share in:
Crafty Catz Challenge - Special Occasions

Unfortunately we won't be able to join the party this evening.
I'm hosting a surprise Retirement party for another friend ... but hopefully I'll get home in time to pop over for a piece of cake!  LOL

I'd better get movin' ... lots to do before heading out this afternoon!
Thanks for stopping by!
As Always . . .

8 comments:

  1. That is such an awesome card for Olivia! You are a busy lady, Darlene! I've watched our next door neighbor's little girl grow, too, and it's been so much fun. She's such a sweetie. Only four, but I think they'll be there for a while so I'll get many more years with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic birthday card! Thank you so much for joining our 'Celebration' challenge at CC & CC. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Thank you for joining our challenge over at Creative Artiste.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card for Olivia's 13th Birthday, Darlene, I am sure she will be delighted to receive it... Thank you for joining in with the September challenge at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog and good luck… We would love to see you gain sometime…

    Hugs Rhonda DT xx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would imagine she loved it and I can see you are having lots of fun with those Ken Oliver color bursts..they are addictive, so much you can do with them...don't use them all up before you get here...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and fantastic card! Perfect for our 'Celebration' challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at CC & CC. We hope to see you again!{Chocolate Coffee and Cards DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Thank you so much for joining our challenge.
    Veerle DT CreativeCornerChallenges

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Birthday Card, I´m sure she´ll love it.

    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Catz
    Good luck
    Nick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene