Friday, January 1, 2016

Dies R Us - Let It Snow!

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!
It's time for another inspirational creation for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.

Is it or has it been snowing at your house?
I know my mid West and North West friends have seen a little (or a lot) of the white stuff so far.  But here in N.E. Ohio it has been unseasonably warm and NO SNOW for Christmas this year.  Of course, with that being said, Lord only knows what the New Year will hold for us in snow amounts!   Either way, now that my holiday traveling is over, I'm saying LET IT SNOW!  LOL!
That's one of the perks of being retired ... you can just sit in front of the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate and watch it come down ... can pick & choose when to venture out into the elements! LOL


Dies I have used on today's card are:

After die cutting my Taylored Expressions die of white card stock, I adhered it to a medium blue card stock panel.  THEN I changed my mind on my design idea so fussy cut around the image with my trusty swivel craft knife.  It worked out fine since it helped set the town image off from the white snowbank in the background.  Don't you love it when mistakes turn into great results?

My dark background panel is from a sheet of DCWV 12x12 paper that was left over from a school project I was helping the neighbor girl with before the holidays began.  (Yep trying to do a little 'clean up' while I'm creating!)

A white gelly roll pen was used to make additional snow in the background and the 'town die cut' was popped up with Recollections thick pop dots.  Love the added dimension it gave my wintry scene.

Did you see there's a new challenge beginning today at our Dies R Us Challenge Blog?  The theme is 'SOMETHING NEW'.  We hope you'll come join in the fun and I look forward to seeing your NEW creations!

Challenges to share in:
Classy Cards n Such Challenge - Let It Snow
Mod Squad Challenge - At Least One Die Cut
DoubleClick Challenge (leave comment) - Anything NEW (Taylored Expressions Die)
Stampavie and More Challenge - Something NEW (Taylored Expressions Die)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Live & Love Crafts' Inspiration Challenge - Something NEW (Taylored Expressions DIe)

Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.