background

Friday, March 11, 2016

Dies R Us - Birds of a Feather . . .

. . . Stitch Together!

Happy Friday Everyone!
Time for a new inspiration sample for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.

Did you see there is a DT Call going on right now through March 19th
for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog?  Click HERE for details.


I was commissioned to creation a group of cards that have birds, tea cups and stitching incorporated into the design.  I love the combination of elements required but knew immediately I wanted to use some of my gorgeous new Sue Wilson dies to 'bring it all together' and make them super pretty!  

My image is an Etsy purchase which I die cut using the Spellbinder Celebrations 'Pierced Rectangles' #SCD-012 set.  I'm sorry to say this set is no longer available in the Dies R Us store. 

The edge die cut I used is Sue Wilson 'Mini Gemini Die - Ara' # CED4413 and the die cut used to adorn the top and bottom of my image is another Sue Wilson die set ... 'Configurations - Swirly Lace Edger' #CED6405.  I have used the corner die from this set.

By simply adding a few sequins and rub on stitching  ... VIOLA! my card is complete and beautiful!

I hope you will take a minute and check out all the fabulous dies available at the Dies R Us Store!  AND, don't forget we have a Dies R Us Challenge Blog too!  A fun new challenge is offered on the 1st and 15th of each month with a PRIZE VOUCHER offered to one lucky winner each challenge.  It could be YOU!

Challenges to share in:
Alphabet Challenge Blog - A is for Anything Pink
Crafting with Friends Challenge #16 - Anything Goes
Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge - Spring Colors
Simply Papercraft Challenge #25 - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts Challenge #132 - Dies Cuts and Punches
 
 Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .


12 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning my friend! I love the dies you used on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Darlene. I especially like the edging. I think I purchased this Gemini die during the CCNS closing sale, and now I need to go check it out to see for sure. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card my friend! I love that edging.... just gorgeous! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty image and a gorgeous card altogether, Darlene! I love the SW mini dies as they fit my cards so much better. This sure has all the required elements. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card- beautiful dies. Thanks for joining us at Crafting With Friends.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is lovely! The design and dies are so lovely. Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts. We would love to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Dar and those SW dies are lovely...and i loved how you have used it!! another pretty, pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely design, Darlene - thanx for playing along with our 'Anything Pink' theme at the Alphabet Challenge.

    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely, thanks for sharing with Simply Papercrafts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the image and gorgeous die cuts! Thanks for joining in the Spring Colours challenge at Polkadoodles, Jackie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in our ALPHABET challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card, I love the die cuts and sequins. Thanks for joining us in our Spring Colours challenge at Polkadoodles, Katrina x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene