Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A Calming Scene . . .

Hello and Welcome Back!
Did you have a nice Labor Day Weekend?  Hope So!!

Today I'm sharing not one but TWO cards  ...
The bases for this card was inspired by a fellow blogger but is something I enjoy doing and have done several times in the past ... using ink/sponges/stamps & dies to create a scene.

Here I've used the SAME basic background but used it to cover two different occasions ... 
One for the Holidays ...

And, one for a Birthday ...

By simply switching birds for snowfall, Moose for Deer and Birthday for Joy to the World, you can create two different designs from one basic background.  What Fun!!!

 On the first card I've actually torn strips of white card stock to create the snow ... on the second card I simply left the lower portion of my white card stock panel untouched to create the appearance of snow covered ground.

Cards for the men in our lives are always difficult to create but a scene like this can be modified to FIT the occasion!

RECIPE:
The background for both cards began by sponging yellow ink (your choice) down the center of your white card stock panel ... keeping it a bit wider at the top and narrowing as you come down.  Then using your choice of blue ink, sponge the left & right sides.  On the second card I swished a bit of pink ink back and forth across the bottom to mimic a setting sun.  Now it's time to add your trees.  There are several tree stamps out there ... I have used one from Stampscapes.

So that's the bases ... you chose from there what you need to add in the sky, the foreground & sentiment. 

OKAY so call me crazy ... I just heard on the news broadcast 
how beautiful the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) have been the past
couple of days ... could even be seen in upper Michigan ... how cool!

So of course I had to quickly make ANOTHER card with the Northern Lights sky in mind ... what do you think??
Literally took me 10 minutes to make this card ... after all, I was half way through my post write up!  LOL

 
Okay, I'm done now.  Time to get other things accomplished.
Hope you have a nice day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Challenges to share in:
Animal Friends September Challenge - Animal with Fur
 Paradise of Stamps Challenge - Birthday
Crafting When You Can Challenge - Happy Birthday
Stamping Sensations September Challenge - One for the boys (focus stamp: trees)
Broken Fairy Designs Challenge - ATG twist: Things with Wings (geese)

As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.