Saturday, October 15, 2016

Dies R Us - Singing a Song of Autumn

Hi Everyone!
Today I have a creation made for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog!
The card I have made is designed using dies from the Dies R Us Store.  If you've not popped over to the Dies R Us Store recently, DO IT NOW!  So many newly released dies that you won't want to miss out on.
 


Earlier this month I saw team mate Connie using these Guilding Flakes on her creation (seen HERE) and knowing I had this item in my possession but never gave them a try, I was inspired to see what dies I had in my stash that would work well.  Low and behold I spotted this Sue Wilson Scandinavian Collection CED4201 dies that I thought would be beautiful ... and it is!!

Sue Wilson Designs - Scandinavian Collection - Background

I could have also done the gilding flakes technique on the center panel and 'called it done!'  But, I spotted this cute little bird image and thought 'Why Not?'  A pretty ribbon and a few crystal drops is all my card required for a finishing touch.


It's always fun to 'think outside the box' on using our die cuts
and I think this one made for a beautiful backing.

 Please remember, each an every day of the month there's a new inspiration sample shared on the blog by this fabulous design team.  Please be sure to pop in regularly.

And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below. 
click below for:

 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .


7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Darlene, I too was keen to use my gilding flakes after seeing Connie's recent card! The panel you have made really sets off the Sue Wilson die, and your image of the birds is sooo cute! A really lovely colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought of putting gilding flakes, ornate die cuts, and sweet vintage birds all together in one outstanding masterpiece? YOU! It is GORGEOUS, Dar, and such a beautiful way of using the metals to bring out Nature's love plumage on your dear birds. Lovely card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the gilding flakes for the background, the die really pops so well with them as the background for it and that image is just too cute, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Fall creation! That bird image is so sweet and that die is beyond beautiful! Awesome colors, love tat ribbon and bow and all of your crystal drops lined up. Happy Fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Darley! That's a very beautiful die, and I really love what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my gosh, that's the cutest image ever! Would love to have that in a stamp. Those gilding flakes are awesome! I saw Connie's post, and then got to see some of her gilding flakes in person. Amazing! I might be enabled... This card is soooo beautiful with the autumn flaky background. WOW! I love all the russet tones you used. Just beautifully put together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that birdie image and the colors are so perfect for fall...you used your gilding flakes...so proud of you...lol...messy things aren't they...but so worth it in the end!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene