Friday, January 27, 2017

Something NEW

Hello Friends!
Today I'm sharing a couple of cards I made a short time ago after receiving my order from the Dies R Us Store.  After every long, cold winter there is always a flourish of babies born so I want to be ready and ordered a few new baby themed dies.


 Did these cards turn out cute or what??  LOL!

I just thought this giraffe die was adorable and couldn't wait to create with him (or her).

I've turned to my embossing folders for the backgrounds.
Quick, easy and always adds wonderful texture to such a simple creation.
I also have quite a selection of ribbons since joining the ribbon club at Really Reasonable Ribbons a few years back!  In fact, they are such beautiful ribbon packs I'm afraid I've kind of turned into a ribbon hoarder at this point!   Yikes!

Challenges to share in:
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #156 - Red and/or Pink Theme w/ ribbon or trim
CCC Digi Creations Challenge #65 - Use Die Cuts and/or Punches
Crafty Purple Frog Challenge - New Beginnings (new baby)
Craft-Dee Bowz January Challenge - ATG w/handmade bow
Crafty Cardmaker Challenge #180 - New Beginnings (new baby)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Pink cs,
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Whimsical Giraffe' B794,  Sue Wilson 'It's a Girl' CED10023, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Congratulations' B289
Accessories:  Embossing Folders, pink ric-rak, Pink Satin ribbon, Really Reasonable Ribbon



18 comments:

  1. both are gorgeous, I totally love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, these are my favoritest baby cards I've ever seen. They're cute, sweet, and not difficult to make so it doesn't break your heart if someone throws it away (hehehhe)! First, the giraffe is fabulous and I'm going to go and buy him due to seeing these cards. I have a cubby buddy at work who adores giraffes. Next, the quilt embossing folder is freaking awesome. I want one of those, too, for other cards that have an image with a quilt on them. Where'd you get that one...if you can remember? And the embellishments are perfect. These cards I adore! Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh crap, girlfriend....I meant to say thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ! XXOO, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally CUTE! I love that giraffe, pretty colors and the texture looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack!! That giraffe is so cute! I really love the embossing folder on the first card, too. And the ribbon! Definitely a ribbon hoarder here. Pretty color. One of my faves. Love these cards, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards, such a cute giraffe, perfect for welcoming new babies! Love the embossing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness that is just adorable, and that embossing folder is just perfect with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both lovely!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card , Awesome. Thanks for joining us at CCC Digi Creations Challenge
    hugs
    Claudia
    DT CCC Digi Creations Challenge
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
    http://cccdigicreations.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO, so adorable! Fun colors and awesome design!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, such a cute card. I Love the little giraffe and the way you disigned your card. Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darlene, You have to know I ADORE that giraffe die! It's so super cute! I will have to check it out, as I don't have that one! Your cards are darling. Thanks for linking up your project for our Pink and Red With Ribbon Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw this is fab - I love this cute card - great design. thank you for playing along at Crafty Purple frog hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What adorable cards! I love those embossed backgrounds as well :D
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog.

    Huge hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable cards Darlene, such a cute giraffe and lovely embossed backgrounds.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene