Monday, June 18, 2018

Here's a TWOFER for ya ...

Happy Monday All!
I'm still trying to get my mojo going after being on vacation for such a long time ... so today I thought I'd join in on the fun challenge blog Darnell started a short while back called the TWOFER CHALLENGE.
 

Here's what you do for this fun challenge ...


and the current challenge theme is:



I chose to use a tree stamp by Stampscapes for my cards.

First I used it to create a border to showcase my Sue Wilson 'You are Special' die
for a special birthday card.  I have used  Dandelion Yellow Nuvo Crystal Drops to fill in the flowers.


And, for my second card, I created a sympathy card by making a lightly colored background using Tim Holtz 'cracked pistachio' and 'broken china' distress oxide inks on a sponge dauber.  Then stamped the entire tree stamp image using Versafine Onyx.  The sentiment is by Impression Obsession, bird is a Martha Stewart punch and I did faux stitching around the edge with a fine tip black marker before popping the panel up using Thermoweb 3D foam squares.


This is such a fun way to create two totally different cards
using the same stamp or die!

Be sure to check it out and then come join in the fun.
Some of these ladies have really thought 'outside the box' with their creations!
WOW ... fabulous inspiration!

Challenges to share in:
International Art & Soul Challenge #35 - Sentiment as Main Focus
 My Time to Craft Challenge #373 - Stamped Background
 Happy Little Stamper June Challenge - Anything Goes with Dies

It's very hot again today in NE Ohio and now that I've got my mojo revved up,
I think I'll stay in my air conditioned room and get creative!

Thanks for the visit and have a FABULOUS week!
As always . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.