Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

I would like to wish each and every one of you MOMs out there a wonderful, fun-filled Mother's Day today! With DH's health issues, it's going to be a little quiet around here this year but that's okay because "my kids" are going to pop in for a short visit this afternoon ... can't wait to see them. My daughter did such a wonderful Mother's Day tribute on her blog ... you can check it out HERE if you have the time. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful daughter ... yep, only have one child but I call my SIL and grandchildren "MY KIDS" too.


I took time away from DH yesterday to meet MY Mom half way (she lives 1-1/2 hours away from me) so we could do lunch and a little mall shopping. It was only a couple of hours but we certainly enjoyed each others company and found her a gorgeous pair of shoes at Macy's!! Mind you, she has TONS of fancy outfits and shoes but she has a special occassion coming up the end of the month with her new "fella" and wants to look extra special. Keep in mind, my Mom is 79 and believe you me ... I can't even come close to keeping up with her. She goes to all the dances at the senior centers and sings at a lot of them too. She's a very special GAL and enjoys life to the fullest ... Way To Go Mom!!!


Hope you're having fun!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you, Darlene!

    Your mum does sound like a very special lady! Glad you got to spend some relaxing time with her yesterday. We treated my dmil to lunch out today and treated my mum with a gift certificate to Dick Blick. Hubby turned me loose online to add to my Copic collection. :) It's been a good day so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlene! Thanks so much for the Mother's Day Video, but I wasn't able to watch it. I have dial up so I just can't watch videos. I appreciate the gesture though. I love the 4 Cuttlebug Cards. I have all of those embossing folders, but for some reason, I rarely use them. I really love the first one with the little girl image and the chalking. Your tulips look lovely also. I've also disturded a nest this spring. Mine was a cardinal's nest with eggs and everything. Unfortunately, it fell to the ground cause I didn't see it till it was too late. I felt terrible. In answer to your questions on my blog, yes, I used my bind it all and coasters to make the Post-It-Note Holders. Have a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.