Monday, August 10, 2009

Blog Candy with a CAUSE ...


Just this morning I heard about a blog posting through my new friend, Penny of Penny's Challenges and here's the title:


Intrigued??? What a super great idea this lady has and I certainly want to be a part of it!! Penny put it into words so well, I decided to "borrow" ... here's what Penny had to say:


If you haven't already heard, my friend Jess from Jess' Scrapbook Assortments is
having a blog candy. But not just any regular old blog candy. This one has a
cause behind it. In her own words:

" Hello Crafters! This is my first ever blog candy give a way
and it's for a special cause. First let me explain by telling you, I am
volunteer for my husbands brigades Care Team. In the event of a tragedy I may be
called on to give support to a spouse. I had an idea of making sympathy cards to
give to the spouses. Cards are given to them, but I feel handmade cards would
seem more personal, then something from a store shelf. How does this tie in with
blog candy you ask? I'd love to tell you! To enter this challenge you must mail
your card to me. By doing so you understand it could be used to comfort a
military spouse in the event of a tragedy. It also means you have the chance to
win one of three blog candy giveaways! "

We all love blog candy, getting free scrapbooking supplies? Who doesn't
love that? We also all participate in challenges for fun, sometimes challenges
for blog candy. So why not participate in this.These women are sending their
husbands off, at the end of August, knowing they might never return. Let's send
some cards to Jess just in case, god forbid, those husbands do not return.
Jess's husband is also one of the ones leaving.


Maybe this is one small way we can show our support!!

2 comments:

  1. omgosh. Thanks so much for reposting this. I know it will mean alot to her. If you think I'm so nice you would love Jess. She's one of the nicest people I have ever met. We're not blogging buddies but real friends, both here at Fort Bragg. She used to volunteer at a homeless shelter for women, she loves animals and tries to support animal shelters, and now she is doing this for all the women around her. Everyone always says how sweet I am and how nice I am but really Jess is so much of a better person.

    Thanks so much for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAWWWW That's so nice what penny said! I'm Jess and I decided to follow your blog as well! You have some beautiful cards on your site and I'm excited to soon be checking the mailbox! Thank you Thank you Thank you so much for your support! I apperciate it so much! ~jess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.