Thursday, August 13, 2009

Stamp Simply #100 - Birthday Party

WOW ... CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!


Sharon has reached #100 challenges ... now I'd say that calls for a CELEBRATION!!! And, that's exactly what Sharon has in mind for today's challenge! Be sure to checkout today's Stamp Simply Challenge for all the details! There's a LOT going on and you don't want to miss out on any of the fun & prizes!! Go to the bottom of this post for a listing of ALL the girls and links to their blogs.


Here is my Birthday Card to Sharon! Congratulations lady ... you are an inspiration to us all!



Sharon's cards always seem to have such clean, crisp lines and look awesome. So that's what I was trying to achieve with this creation. The background panel has been run through the Cuttlebug using a Sizzix embossing folder then added Stampendous red diamond dots to the swirls. I also used my Bow Easy which I bought from Sharon for my bow ... isn't it pretty!!! The ribbon is double sided satin by Offray. In keeping with the Stamp Simply format, I simply stamped this Inkadinkado image onto Whisper White cardstock with Versafine black ink and embossed with clear ep. The sentiment was filled in using a red Tombow marker and a few smaller diamond dots were added. (click image for a closer look)





Now for the "Special Recipe" I promised you all!!

But first, the story behind it!! YEARS ago when I got married (for the 1st time, lol) one of my dear uncles & his wife placed this little recipe in the card that was attached to their gift for the bride & groom. The wedding gift has long been gone ... the card was lost somewhere in all my moving around, but I have never forgotten the recipe. It went like this:


Recipe for Life

1 cup Good Thoughts
1 cup Good Ideas
1 cup Consideration for Others
2 cups of Sacrifice for Others
3 cups of Forgiveness
2 cups of Well Beaten Faults

Mix these thoroughly and add tears of joy and sorrow and sympathy for others. Flavor with little gifts of love and kindly services. Fold in 4 cups of prayer and faith to lighten other ingredients and raise the temperature to great heights of living. Do this daily and you will always see the good in others and the world will be better for it.

Although the original card has been missing for years ... this recipe has stuck in my head (and heart) and I try to live by these words that were so lovingly given to me so many years ago!!





Here are the past and current Stamp Simply ladies taking part in today's Birthday Celebration and what you will find on their blog! Be sure to check out all the fun & games!!!!


Pat Adam - Christmas Gift Tags with BLOG CANDY
AJ - 1 Card Done 3 Ways
Janine - A Stress Free Summer Menu with BLOG CANDY
Tammy - Birthday Reminder Book with BLOG CANDY
Jennifer - Birthday Card with BLOG CANDY
Julie - Card Set in Tote with Directions
Barbara- Birthday Card with BLOG CANDY
Deb- Tutorial on Dying Silk Ribbon Using Copics and Refills
Jenny- Birthday Card with BLOG CANDY
Jerri - Birthday Card and Tutorial on Hand Embossing with Light Box
Joan- Birthday Card and Etched Glass with BLOG CANDY
LeAnne - Birthday Card with Glitter
Barb- Birthday Cake 3-D Gift Item with BLOG CANDY
Rose Ann- Birthday Card with BLOG CANDY
Leslie - Gift Tin of Soaps with Coordinating Card
Heather - Birthday Card
Sabrina- Birthday Card with BLOG CANDY
Sharon- Monogrammed Birthday Gift Set with BLOG CANDY



Thanks so much for stopping by today ... hope you enjoy the BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!

32 comments:

  1. Darlene, this is such a clean and crisp card!!!! Love what you did with the embossed BG. Love bling :D:D. TFS this Beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your red, white and black card. Those colors are always so great together.

    Swedie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your recipe and I think it would be good if we used in all walks of our lives! Thanks, and I hope I keep it in my heart to live by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess I am first...Thank you for sharing the Words To Live By. The world would be so much better if we followed the ideas in those words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene,
    Beautiful card!!!! I love black and white with the touch of red. Real classy!!!

    Your recipe certainly are great words for us to follow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your card Darlene!! And thanks for the recipe... the best kind!!
    I hope you and Mark have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Darlene! Love black, white and red together...just looks so classic and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your birthday card is so pretty, Darlene! I love the swirls with the gems and the beautiful red bow! Thanks for sharing the Recipe For Life! Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is fantastic. Love the white, black and red color scheme. Thanks for sharing your "Recipe for Life". I need to make a copy of this to hang in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is simple. Its very pretty though. I like simple

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so pretty. Thanks for that awesome Recipe for Life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooo pretty Darlene...lovin this color combo with the bling!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous clean and simple card Darlene! I love it! Good luck with the design team call, and I love your fall card too! What a great image.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card design Darlene! I love the red accents on the swirls...your recipe is so very special as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! This card is a knockout and definitely something I will "case"!I have joined your followers because I can't wait to see what else you do. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wahoo! I really like your card, the colors are WONDERFUL together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe today. It might be the best one I've ever received :) I saved it and I'll pass it on.
    Your signature red/white/black birthday card is just beautiful! And btw, congrats on your blog anniversary! Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea to put dots on the swirls. Really dresses up the background.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card and a beautiful recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this is just beautiful! I love the red diamond dots on the swirls. It such an elegant card! TFS!

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  21. that card is so elegant and chic

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card and thanks for the "recipe".
    sharon L
    sharon.lemon@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your red, white and black card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous card Darlene, I just love it! Love your red jewels and the birthday swirls. The embossing looks fabulous with the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card has so much style, Darlene. It is wonderful. Red, black and white is such a classy combination.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is such a beautiful card, Darlene!! I love all of the bling and the embossing!!

    Your recipe is *perfect*!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your clean and crisp birthday card, Darlene - so very lovely! And also loved reading your special *recipe* -- how true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW - I jumped on here from the hotel in Shipshewana to tell ya I'm having a great time ... and found the big celebration! HOW FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great work on the card and thanks for sharing that recipe =) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, I love the rhinestones in the swirls! Pretty stamps, pretty bow, pretty card! And the BEST recipe! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. A perfect recipe for life. Thanks for sharing it and your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sweet design, Dar! The black and red together is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.