Sunday, September 27, 2009

What FUN!!!




How much fun is it to meet, in person, the wonderfully supportive friends I have met online over this past year!!! First I was so thrilled to meet several of the wonderful Stamp Simply ladies back in July and now this weekend I was fortunate enough to link up with Dawn Burnworth - My Stamping Thyme (flowergal36 on SCS).




My stamping friend Sandy Egbert, who lives a couple miles down the road from me, has a son who happens to be living in Mooresville, NC ... where Dawn lives. So Sandy & I decided to take the weekend and head for N.C. Our 7 hour drive on Friday went very well but Saturday was a very RAINY day. We made the best of it however by visiting 4 different stamping stores (making a few purchases along the way of course) and then that evening, she went to visit with her son and I linked up with Dawn. We simply went to dinner at Applebee's and spent the next 4-1/2 hours chit-chatting about EVERYTHING!!! What a wonderful visit ... we had such a nice time. I hope to be able to visit Dawn again some day but in the meantime ... we will be staying in touch via our blogs and the Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential Challenge Blog for which we are both on the new design team!!

Life is GOOD!!!

10 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm glad you were able to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool is that!! So glad you were able to do this!! :) I think it's awesome to be working with the both of you!! BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMgoodness Dar, it has been sooo long since I've actually left a comment on your blog. I visit quite often though and wanted to congratulate you on your DT with Vicki! HOW AWESOME! Your work truly needs to be seen everywhere as I have always been a fan since we met on the SCS blogging group. Sat. Spotlight is going to be an incredible challenge site, I cannot wait to participate!
    Hope all is well with you and especially your DH. I would love an update via email whenever you have time.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo Hooo, looks like you ladybugs had some fun!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wishing the hostess was a better photographer. I had an awesome time. It was so fun to get to know you better..I am really excited about the new DT and I can't wait to see all the goodies you got Saturday..Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is that!!!!!
    Glad you had the chance to meet!!!!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you got to do this, Darlene! Looks like you had a great time! I'm jealous, wish I had some stamping friends nearby...how fun to have people to get in "trouble" with! Great picture, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well now, how cool is that? What an awesome experience, and am glad you were able to do it and had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a girl will do to make 4 stops at stamping stores! LOL Never mind the rain, how much FUN did y'all have doing that?! You both look like stamping beauty queens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene I am so glad that you had a good time.. How fun to just sit and talk with a new friend.!!

    Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.