Thursday, February 4, 2010

Playing with Hearts ...

Sorry I'm so late posting my creations for today but I've been busy helping a friend (Lana Edwards - Blest With Stamps) set up her new blog and lost track of time.  If you get a chance, please stop over and say hello ... she'll be thrilled with your visit!  Now on to my creations ...

First is a card I started out making for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #39... then decided to use the colors for The Play Date Cafe Challenge (PDCC15) which I found in this gorgeous piece of designer paper by Webster's Pages purchased at Stamp By Step.  The CCEE Stamps Challenge to use Hearts and a charm worked perfectly and a fun element to add to my creation. (Click image for larger view)


Other items used on this creation are as follows:
Papers:  Whisper White, Blue Bayou, Webster's Pages (Postcards from Paris) designer paper
Accessories:  Prima flowers, Basic Grey brads, Deco Art Glamour Dust, pink Stickles, JoAnn's heart charm,  Offray satin ribbon, Michael's dotted swiss ribbon, Hobby Lobby lace paper heart, SU photo corner punch, ZIG blue marker for the Faux Stitching.


****
Another fun creation for today was a Quick & Easy card using another NEW digital image by Melanie over on Wink Wink Ink called "Love Cats".  Isn't it adorable how their tails spell out the word "Love"!!!  Melanie has other NEW images available  ...  you'll want to pop on over and check them out!!!  There is also an AWESOME "Deer Friend" image that I can not wait to create with ... hopefully tomorrow I'll have something to share with you!!

This card was so quick & easy because Melanie has this image set up to fit perfectly on a A-2 size card base as soon as you print it out!  THIS part of the download (once purchased) is already PRECOLORED.  All I did to make it my own was add the SUN, BIRDS and RED GINGHAM SCARVES.  Oh yea, I also used a fine tip black marker to do faux stitching around the outside edge.

Well, I'd better go for now!  It's been a long day and I'm starting to get tired and need to spend a little time with DH!  Thanks so much for your visit!  Please stop back tomorrow for our RAISE THE BAR Challenge ... you'll love it!!!

25 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card - I love the colors and the hearts - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, this is just so beautiful!! I love all the hearts and flowers and your color choices are wonderful!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, I love your card all the pretty hearts and flowers!!So tell me when did you have time to make this beautiful creation with helping me start my blog for hours today!!!! Your wonder woman! Thanks for all your help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW! Dar you did such a great job!! Love your take on the sketch. They are on my list to hopefully get to .....

    Have fun with your friend!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous Dar!!!
    beautiful & romantic heart card!

    And the kitty card made me smile, such a cute image!!!

    off to visit Lana...
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, this card is just so pretty. I love that paper lace heart and the flowers. Thanks for joining in the CCEE blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, your flower collage is beautiful. You set off that Websters paper perfectly. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Darlene - this is just gorgeous, but I have come to expect nothing less from you!! Love that hearts and that delish DP, it is stunning! Great embellishments - well played on all challenges! I am loving this Darlene! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we value your support and would love to see you again next week! God bless you! (((hugs)))
    Linda Design Team MMSC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, Darlene! Love those hearts! Loved the Websters' Pages booth at CHA--gorgeous stuff--I guess I need to order some!!! Hope you're having a restful night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards hun! That MM one is sooooo gorgeous and frilly! The Cats are cool, are you on their DT - if not you should be!!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene you heart card is amazing. I love how your Valentine thinking was out of the box with the colors...and boy are they stunning. It's pure magic!!! What an eye popper. I love your kitty card too! Thanks for playing along with us this week. Here at Midnight Madness we enjoy your friendship and love having you as part of our family.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beauitfully done, I love all the flowers and colors in this. Your stampscapes cards are awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're both AWESOME Dar!! Your hearts are just perfect, and I'm so luvin' that cat card...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just a busy busy girl these days huh? I love everything you make..LOL I really like your MMSC this week..did you plan it to match your blog wallpaper? It is almost a perfect match. It is just beautiful as always:) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Keep entering because we have some wonderful sponsors coming up, PLUS, we are going to have another one of our HUGE give-a-ways in a few weeks, so keep making those cards with us for all the action ;)
    p.s. sneek peek is posted.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh girl!! Look at you GO!! :) I just LOVE your lacy, frilly and pretty creation at the top!! WOW!! Stunning details!! I adore what you've done with Melanie's new image too!! How stinkin' cute is that!! I love how their tails spell out "love"!! TFS!!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you did with the colors in such a unique and charming style!

    ReplyDelete
  17. man, Dar absolutely stunning......

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Your heart card is gorgeous, Darlene! Thanks for playing in our CCEE challenge. AND, I love the sweet cat card and how their tails spell "love." So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YOu sure have been busy Darlene!! Your cards are beautiful!! Love the flowers and heart on your 1st creation. Perfect take on the MMSC! The second card's image is so sweet!! Love your coloring!! THanks for always being so inspiring my friend.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darlene, I just love what you have done with this gorgeous heart card. I'm loving that background dp, the colors are such a fabby match with your flowers and heart. The charm in the middle really is such a pretty one and those corners finish off this card just beautifully! Lovely job as always!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT
    PS: I love those kitties too...just darling aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your playing with hearts card-such pretty colors

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your doily heart!! What a beautiful card! And those Cat tails are just too fun!! Charming cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a fabulous Valentine with the lace doily...thankd for playing with the CCEEers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.