Monday, March 8, 2010

Stamp Simply with WWI and a gift for my SIL

Good Afternoon All!  What a beautiful sun shiny day it is in NE Ohio and a beautiful weekend too!  WOW, I sure needed that!!!  

I wanted to share with you today a card I made for the "border punches challenge" over on Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply blog. My friend Anita gave me this new SU border punch last week and just could not wait to use it!!!  (thanks girlfriend!!) I've also used the "Rainy Day" Wink Wink Ink digi image which happens to be a FREEBIE at the present time ... be sure to jump over and grab yours!!!

I have actually used this border punch on all four panels of this creation ... including the base card itself.  My WWI image is PRECOLORED so this was a really quick card to go together!!  My sentiment is by Magenta and I have used Detail Clear embossing powder to emboss it.  The dragon fly is from a McGill punch given to me by my friend Linda Davis and I've added a little "mermaid" Stickles to it for the iridescent sparkle dragon flies have a tendency to have!  I have also used Crystal Effects on the water puddle (please see inset for a closer look).  This card is certainly a Stamp Simply creation in my book!!!  Hope you like it!!

********

I would also like to share with you a boxed set of notecards I quickly put together yesterday morning before leaving for Pittsburgh, PA to spend the day with my MIL.  My dear, sweet MIL has Alzheimer's and is in a home in the South Hills of Pittsburgh.  Mark's brother Drew lives in the area along with his wife, Ginny and they go over to the home EVERYDAY to give Mother that extra special attention she so deserves.  We are a two hour drive away so can not give the care we wished we could.  But when we do make a trip "back home", like we did yesterday, I like to take a little something special along to give Ginny for all her loving care towards our MIL.

 

I quickly made this 6 notecard set with matching box using the new DCWV Mariposa designer paper.  The base cards are of Very Vanilla.  I have border punched each card front bottom ... added a gold line using a gold Pilot marker then the designer paper!  A very quick yet beautiful gift idea.  The box was made using a piece of Kraft cardstock (box details came from GinaK StampTV) and matching Mariposa designer paper.  The closure was made with Nestabilities scallop circles on gold metallic & mellow moss papers.  The sentiment is a portion of a "Just For You" Hero Arts set and I cut the butterfly from a piece of the scrap using a Fiskars swivel craft knife and popped it up on pop dots.

Ginny is a lady who still enjoys writing a note to a friend the "old fashioned way" ... handwritten and snail mailed!!  She was very happy with this little surprise and I was happy to make them for her!!!

Well ... I have a lot of cards to get done today so I'd better get back to it!!  Hope you all have a wonderful, sunny day and I will see you soon!!

11 comments:

  1. Hiya hun! Really liking those notecards - you'll have to do a tute one day!!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, I LOVE all the extra little sparkly, shiny details on the birthday card! The notecards are just stunning! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Darlene. Your border punch is lovely!
    Denise
    Wink Wink Ink DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWW How sweet Darlene, great card with that fun digi...ADORABLE!!! And your box sweet wowza girl, beautiful!!!! I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather...wow I love the sunshine!!!!! WOOT WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More beautiful creations from the FANTASTIC DARLENE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card set and I love this cute bear! I know anyone would love to have both!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are really great I love bears as you know,so the bear one really tickles my fancy ahhhh and the card set is way too beautiful!!! You read my mind I have my same paper out to cover a box with LOL Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Darlene!! Love the card set and your punched card is great too!! Love that you play in the challenges!!
    Have a great week... We have been having some fabulous weather too! Love that sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Wink Wink Ink card. Thats such a pretty punched border.

    The notecard set is Gorgeous! I just love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that image! Thanks for sharing that is is a Freebie now! Your border punch is fab!

    As for the notecard set, OMG, this is so professional! Just stunning!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    Sorry I'm not visiting every day. Trying to catch up with school and things are busy there! but hugs to you every day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Dar, I love the little blingy dragonfly on the freebie card.
    The vintage notecards are VERY pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.