Friday, September 19, 2014

Ride through life with me . . .

 . . . the best is yet to be!!

Isn't that a wonderful sentiment?!
Hello my friends!
I'm back today with my weekly Crafty Secrets DT card to share.
I've been consumed by the PBS Masterpiece Theater series 'Downton Abbey' (watching Seasons 1-4 through Amazon).  So, of course I'm in a 'vintage', 'loving' frame of mind in my card making today!  LOL!
Did you know Season 5 will be on PBS in January 2015?

ANYWAYS . . .
I just love this vintage image so that is where this creation began!

The background paper today is the Digital Embossed Yellow & Green papers DP-209.
I however, took the liberty of changing the color to pink (using Word10) for my card.  This beautiful paper really gives the illusion of embossing ... you actually will want to run your finger over it to feel the embossing!!

A peek at the inside completes my loving thought on this card using a second cut from the Creative Scraps 'Love Mail' sheet.   A bit of distressing and sponging on the edges using Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink ... helps to give it that old time vintage feel.

With being able to print my own 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of design paper via these wonderful Crafty Secrets DIGITAL papers, I had plenty left over to die cut and make my flower for the front.  I've used the Cheery Lynn Designs 'Chrysanthemum'  #B311 die for the flower, Marianne 'leaves' #LR0156 cut from a scrap of green card stock and the word 'LOVE' (both inside & outside the card) is by Cheery Lynn Designs #B227.  And, of course a vintage creation requires a pearl or two ... here I've used Kaiser pearls for the flower center and as a lower corner embellishment.

A few challenges to share in:

Crafty Girls Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenge - Vintage
Scrapper's Delights Challenge - Anything Goes w/Twist - handmade flower
Word Art Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

If you haven't been over to the Crafty Secrets Store lately, you are missing out on some AMAZING SALES!!!  Here's the link ... pop over RIGHT NOW!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hope you have a FABULOUS weekend!
As always . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.