Saturday, September 13, 2014

WOW! Where did summer go???

Happy Weekend my Friends!
What are you working on today?

With my first Fall Craft Show only a week and a half away, I'm busy, busy trying to be sure I have enough goodies available to sell.  Besides my cards, I try to have a few 'little items' for folks to purchase for those folks that they want to give a little something too but not spend a lot of $$$. 
So, today I'm working on gift card holders and finger nail file holders.  
Both were great sellers at past shows.

















  I decided to makes these in 'mass production' form this year. 
These gift card holders will fit in a 5" x 3 5/8" envelope.
  •  Cut my base cards (4 15/16" x 8 1/2"), score at 3" & 6 1/2".
  •  Round all edges with Creative Memories corner rounder.
  •  On the lower portion, (card holder panel) edge with a gold Pilot Marker.
  •  Punch the 'easy pull' opening in the bottom panel using a circle punch.
  •   Stamp my name/info on the back.
 TIME TO DECORATE THE FRONTS
  •  Go through my holiday scraps to find pieces large enough for front panels.
  •  Top Panel - 4 3/4" x 2 3/4"
  •  Lower Panel:  4 3/4" x 1 3/4"
  • Corner round the edges to match base card.
  • Scor-tape left & right sides of lower (card holder) panel.
  • Embellish front panel to your liking.

The Fingernail File Holders were a great hit last year so I'm making a few more and a couple different sizes this year!  This is another fabulous project to use up those scraps!!!

I shared a tutorial on making these holders awhile back and if you're interested, you can click HERE for those instructions.  I purchase my emery boards at a local beauty supply house but I'm sure you can find them other locations such as Walmart, Target, etc.  
To display this handy little item, I have decorated a couple Bushes Beans cans with holiday pattern paper.  Another great use for those scraps that keep piling up!












Here are a few challenges I'd like to share in today:
Bloggers Challenge - Alter It (Bushes Beans cans)
Craft for the Craic - Something with Circles on it (sentiment circles on nail files)
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - More than one fold
Dream it up Challenge - Christmas and the Holidays

Well, enough chit chat ... I'd better get back to work!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend and thank so much for stopping by!  I truly enjoy your visit & comments!

As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.