Saturday, September 13, 2014

WOW! Where did summer go???

Happy Weekend my Friends!
What are you working on today?

With my first Fall Craft Show only a week and a half away, I'm busy, busy trying to be sure I have enough goodies available to sell.  Besides my cards, I try to have a few 'little items' for folks to purchase for those folks that they want to give a little something too but not spend a lot of $$$. 
So, today I'm working on gift card holders and finger nail file holders.  
Both were great sellers at past shows.

















  I decided to makes these in 'mass production' form this year. 
These gift card holders will fit in a 5" x 3 5/8" envelope.
  •  Cut my base cards (4 15/16" x 8 1/2"), score at 3" & 6 1/2".
  •  Round all edges with Creative Memories corner rounder.
  •  On the lower portion, (card holder panel) edge with a gold Pilot Marker.
  •  Punch the 'easy pull' opening in the bottom panel using a circle punch.
  •   Stamp my name/info on the back.
 TIME TO DECORATE THE FRONTS
  •  Go through my holiday scraps to find pieces large enough for front panels.
  •  Top Panel - 4 3/4" x 2 3/4"
  •  Lower Panel:  4 3/4" x 1 3/4"
  • Corner round the edges to match base card.
  • Scor-tape left & right sides of lower (card holder) panel.
  • Embellish front panel to your liking.

The Fingernail File Holders were a great hit last year so I'm making a few more and a couple different sizes this year!  This is another fabulous project to use up those scraps!!!

I shared a tutorial on making these holders awhile back and if you're interested, you can click HERE for those instructions.  I purchase my emery boards at a local beauty supply house but I'm sure you can find them other locations such as Walmart, Target, etc.  
To display this handy little item, I have decorated a couple Bushes Beans cans with holiday pattern paper.  Another great use for those scraps that keep piling up!












Here are a few challenges I'd like to share in today:
Bloggers Challenge - Alter It (Bushes Beans cans)
Craft for the Craic - Something with Circles on it (sentiment circles on nail files)
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - More than one fold
Dream it up Challenge - Christmas and the Holidays

Well, enough chit chat ... I'd better get back to work!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend and thank so much for stopping by!  I truly enjoy your visit & comments!

As always . . .

12 comments:

  1. Good idea and they look great, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic. Great for the holidays and nice for a little extra gift. Thanks for sharing. Love your ideas.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these projects are so cute! Quick and easy, but still make that little gift and bit extra special. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Darlene, c'est tellement mignon, de bien jolis emballages pour ces adorables pr├ęsents, merci de partager avec nous chez CSAYL, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, these are all great! I'll be starting work on my own craft show goodies this week and the file holders are a great idea, thank you! I'll bookmark the link to the tute and take a look later :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun projects - very creative. Another super way to use up scraps. Fun!!!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene these are some cute and crafty projects for gift giving!!! Just love them!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers, you have been busy!! Very cute ideas for your shows...love those files...great stocking stuffers and the gift card holders are so festive!! YOU go girl!!!! good luck with the shows too..I hope you make oodles !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great projects. Love them both. Thanks for the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute christmas card. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing idea :) I love it, thank you for taking part in our Craft for Craic challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. clever little gift, good luck in all the challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene