Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Birthday in a Jar!


Good MONDAY Everyone! 
Oh my goodness ... it seems like time is flying but of course, 
I'm wishing it away these days just longing for warmer temperatures, 
and the sounds of Springtime!

Today's card was created for the new challenge at The Shabby Tea Room.
Here's the photo inspiration they are offering today.
I still do some home canning of my own ... not like I did in my growing up years but enough that it keeps me linked to my childhood memories.  Call me crazy but I love the sight of 'canning jars' and now with all the beautifully colored jars they are coming out with I think I'll be changing up a bit of my decorating here in the crafting cave. 

These beautiful mason jars are an Etsy site purchase ... I just loved their vintage flair.  
And, I've added SU Crystal Effects to them for a more realistic (glass) appearance.
However, since I hadn't used the Crystal Effects for some time I spent a lot of time
clearing the nozzle only to have it GUSH out the side in a BLOB.  Uugh!
Nearly ruined my entire card but quickly grabbed an artist brush and salvaged it as best I could.
 

The past couple of years Ball has come out with green and blue tinted jars which are safe for actual canning.  And, this year they are coming out with PURPLE jars ... oh yes, my favorite color ... so I'll be purchasing a few of those beauties!!!
Ball® Vintage Collection Pint Jars (Set of 6) Not sure if I'll use them for actual canning ... or decorative purposes ... but rest assured I will have some in my possession!
LOL!



A few challenges to share in today:

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope your week is off to a great start!  
I'm running a bit slow ... but I'm forging ahead!
As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Ivory cs, SU Pattern Packs 6x6 dp, Paper Pizazz dp
Accessories:  Mason Jar images from Etsy, Die-Mensions 'Balloon Bash' sentiment die, Wild Orchid Crafts rose, Offray ribbon, Bow Easy, SU Crystal Effects, White Liquid Pearls, ZIG pen for doodling, dimensional tape

10 comments:

  1. These are GORGEOUS!!! Love all the pretty details and a very creative and cool idea to add the crystal effects, they are so glass shiney!! Thank you so much for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "Mason Jar Love" challenge!!..I love the purple jars, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is just so pretty, love your whole design and those gorgeous jars and embellishments just make it a perfect card. Thanks so much for playing this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty card. The mason jars and lovely Springtime colours are wonderful.
    Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card...adding the crystal effects was just a perfect added technique for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card! I love mason jars and how beautiful they look as a piece of home decor... the colors are very pretty these days! Love your crystal effects, definitely makes them look realistic!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card!!!! Love the crystal effects as the jars look sew realistic!!!! I, too, love the colored mason jars and was thinking of getting them for glassesl Thanks for joining us at Come and Get It and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Lynne, Come and Get It DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word Darlene this is absolutely fantastic, what a wonderful design, I love the images also that bow and sentiment, superb creation thank you for sharing it with us at LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Birthday card. Love all the great details and the colours.. Thank you for joining us this week at Come and Get IT Challenges. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfully done birthday card Dar, love the crystal effects on the jars & lovely design!

    Glad that you joined us for the birthday challenge at Come And Get It…..hope to see you back soon!

    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty....such a sweet card! Love the realistic look the crystal effects creates. Thank you for sharing this with us in The shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene