Saturday, February 21, 2015

Trying something NEW . . .

Happy Weekend Everyone!
We are expecting another 3-6" of snow here in Akron, OH 
so I'm going to stay in, stay warm and get creative!  
Earlier this week I saw a gorgeous card designed by Cathrine Sandvik, one of my new DT team mates at Cardabilities.  She was kind enough to share a photo tutorial, so needless to say, I just HAD to give it a try.  (Thanks Cathrine for inspiration!)






Now as you will see if you click on Cathrine's
card, mine isn't nearly as fancy as hers ... but still unique and beautiful I think!

Some challenge's I'd like to share in are:
Fussy and Fancy Challenge - Tic Tac Toe (Sentiment, Ribbon, Lace)
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge - Things with Wings
As You Like It Challenge - CAS or Fussy (and why)  I am a vintage, lots of layers lover at heart.  It just makes me happy!  I struggle with CAS ... just not enough do-dads for me!! LOL
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Black n White
Simply Create Too #79 - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you are having a wonderful (warm) weekend!
I have several DT creations to get done so I'd better get to work!  LOL!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Paper:  SU Very Vanilla cs, white cs, black cs, the Paper Studio 'Harper's Boutique' dp,
Image:  Nellie's Choice Vintage (Sandra Kuck photographer)
Ink:  SU More Mustard
Dies:  Spellbinder Nestabilities 'Fleur de Lis Squares', Memory Box 'Devine Butterfly', Poppy Stamps 'Ashby Corner', Elizabeth Craft 'Happy Birthday', Cheery Lynn Designs 'Anastasia Border', Cheery Lynn Designs 'Horizontal Fishtail Banner'
Accessories:  Stickles 'diamond', Offray black organza ribbon, Wild Orchid rose, Inky Impressions 'Heart charm', Paper Piercer

13 comments:

  1. What a sweet image...beautifully done!! I love the design and papers...and those embellies...perfect!! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Awesome design, gorgeous image, and all the lovely details make this card special!! Thank you for joining us at "Fussy and Fancy" for our "Tic Tac Toe" challenge!
    Diane FAF DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, I'm loving all the butterflies!
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ribbons Challenges.
    Good Luck!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous!!! Truly beautiful and love the bow!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wonderful. Whoever receives his should keep it always. Thanks so much for playing with our odd card challenge this week at DCD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this is a gorgeous card, I love your design, fabulous work!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Stunning card. I love your overall design and beautiful photo. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck! Maggie - ET

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is simply elegant! I love the vintage feel and the black is honestly stunning! The butterflies are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your rockin inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Darlene; your black and white card is great! Thanks for participating with us at Crafty Ribbons this time!

    La Vikinga / Member of the design team at Crafty Ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful. I love the vintage image you used and the design is great. Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene