Sunday, March 1, 2015

613 Avenue Creates with Dr. Seuss

Hello friends and welcome back!
Today I have a DT card creation for 613 Avenue Creates to share
and WOW did I have fun creating this one!
Did you know that tomorrow, March 2nd is Dr. Seuss's Birthday! 
Well it is so we not only get to play with some fun images from our sponsors, 
but we also are sharing some fun Dr. Seuss sayings!
The sponsor I'm showcasing today is Melonheadz  and an image from the adorable set called Four Seasons Lucy Doris combo pack.

OMG how cute is Lucy!!
It looks like she's already for those April showers that are right around the corner!

This is as CAS (clean and simple) as my designs get!  LOL!
  My background panel was created by simply scribbling the lower portion (grass) with my DG3 Spectrum Noir marker and the upper portion (sky) with my TB1 marker. 
After printing her out at 5" tall, I simply colored her using my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, fussy cut out her silhouette then popped her up.  

She looks so happy I figured rain or shine she was having fun so I chose 
THIS particular Dr. Seuss sentiment.
If you're looking for some fun today, why not come join in our challenge!
Remember, we are an ANYTHING GOES challenge that offers a TWIST!
So whether you choose to use the twist or not, you are welcome to come join in the fun!!!

A few challenges to share in today are:
Die Cuttin Diva's Challenge - Seuss Inspired
Mod Squad Challenge - Spring Ahead

Thanks for stopping by!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs
Inks:  Memento 'Cantaloupe'
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, SU dimensionals, Spellbinder Labels 17


12 comments:

  1. Well I have to say your card is just adorable! Of course, you know me, I'm always happy to come visit but this morning has been so fun to see this cute little image! I also love the saying...just so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute cute card. Love the sentiment. thanks for playing with DCD

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Super cute card!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable card, love the bright colours, thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Such an adorable image and you've colored it beautifully! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Dar! She is such a cutie and I love her glasses! What I wouldn't give for rain right now instead of more snow!!! LOL!! Thanks for representing 613 Avenue Create so well with your talent ;)

    Hugs,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super duper cute...she sure can make ya smile....I bet she is hiding little Spring frogs in her pockets..lol!! Beautiful coloring as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute Card!!! and Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. So darn cute and great coloring too. Thank you for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Darlene - I love the bright yellow on her rain gear - and carried over onto the sentiment! And the way you did the background with the broad, bold strokes of color is perfect for the "primitive" style of the Melonheadz' images - fits right in!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cute card...fantastic coloring. Thank you so much for playing along with The Mod Squad Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene