Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Remembering our Troops!

Hello Friends!
Today I have a set of cards to share with you with thoughts of our sons & daughters that are fighting in the war overseas in hopes of keeping our freedom here in the states and making the world a better place to live in.  God Bless each and every one of them!!!

These cards were created as my design team samples for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.  I began with the Cheery Lynn Designs 'ARMY' #B513 die set (5 pieces) and went from there.




My background 'desert camo' paper was printed from an image I found online and, I created my own 'camo' paper to die cut the Army images from using green and brown inks sponged onto a scrap piece of white card stock.

Other dies used are:

One thing we must remember when making cards to send to our troops is that there is NO glitter or anything shiny used on them.  These types of elements can be detected by the enemy and could cost them their lives.  So, by using the die cuts, I've been able to make them a little more personal without any elements that could bring harm to them.

OH and I have one more card to share in which I used the same die set 
but a different camo pattern (also found online) for the background ...

There are other branches of the military available in die sets ... please be sure to check them out at our Dies R Us Store and get busy creating to help keep the spirits of our troops up while they are away from home.  Also available in the store are dies for the Police and Fire Fighters.  I will have cards to share that honor those folks in the weeks to come.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Don't forget to come join in our fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  
You would be the winner of a Dies R Us store gift voucher!
Till next time and as always . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.