Monday, September 14, 2015

Fun Crafting Weekend!

Good Monday Evening!
As most of you know, I left last Thursday morning headed to South Bend, Indiana to link up with crafting friends for a weekend of sharing projects, techniques, food & laughter!  And let me tell you we did a lot of ALL of those things!
I love getting together with these ladies!!!  
Unfortunately this time around we were missing two of our friends!  Diane Hover had plans with friends up in the U.P. and poor Gretchen Wilson was busy, busy working on doing some bathroom remodeling ... I'm sure she'd have rather been crafting!  LOL!

Thought you might like to see a few things we were working on!
I didn't have a 'finished project' to share this time but did want to show the ladies a few techniques.
The BOKEH technique (this panel will be turned into a card at some point)




The WHITE WASH technique.  Trying different papers & ink colors.




And the STAMP OVER STENCIL technique.  
This panel will also be turned into a card before long!

Joan Fricker shared a really awesome technique where you used PAPER NAPKINS,  STICKY POWDER and WOW Embossing GLITTER.  Isn't this a beautiful panel?  Check out Joan's finished card on her blog post HERE.  
You can click any of the images to enlarge.


And here's a FINISHED CARD that Joan showed us how to make.  You can see her original card on her blog post (shared link above).  I 'tweaked' mine a little from her original.  



How about this adorable card 'tote' that Bette Henson shared.  
I'll be making a few of these for upcoming craft fairs I'm sure!


Bette also shared this fabulous gift card holding card which we made template samples from and will create when we have more time in our own crafting areas.  What a beautiful card!  YEP ... another one I need to get made before my shows ... YIKES that's only a couple of weeks away!




Last but not least is Judy Studer ... Judy ALWAYS has some amazing projects to share!
She is the QUEEN of FOLDS and DIRECTIONS!
This is Judy's card (GORGEOUS) and we have made a template sample to create this card on our own.


Another cute 'box pouch'!
I don't know how she figures all this stuff out!  LOL
ALWAYS unique and FABULOUS!

Being with this group of ladies is always inspiring and helps to really get my mojo fired up!
I'm happy to say that in just a few weeks I'll be making the 5 hour drive again and headed to Michigan to spend some fun, crafting time with Diane Hover (one of the missing cogs in our crafting wheel ...  from this weekends gathering).  

Sorry for the long post but just had to share these fabulous ideas with you
in hopes of jump starting your creativity today!

Hubby's hollering for dinner so I'd best get movin'!  LOL
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.