Thursday, July 28, 2016

Boo-boo Butterfly Card

Hello Everyone!

How exciting is it when someone sees a card you have created then contacts you requesting you make multiples of that same design for them.  Well, that's exactly what happened to me a few days ago when I showcased this card here on my blog as well as on FB.  And, since the order was going out of state,  I wanted to get started right away!!


As luck would have it, I made a boo-boo  . . .  
so that is the card I will share with you today!!  LOL


Inside view . . .

As soon as I received this commission, I immediately created my Ken Oliver Color Burst background panels and hung them up to dry.  THIS one of course was my favorite and thought OH HOW BEAUTIFUL will this card be!  
Then BAMM!!  My one and only mistake (on this order) was made!!

While cutting out my template pieces I cut THIS particular angle panel reverse of what I needed.  And, since I also needed to cut the 1" end piece as well as the butterfly from this same panel, this beautiful panel was rendered unusable for the design requested.
Boy I hate when I make stupid errors like that!  {sigh}
 As soon as I made the cut I knew it was wrong ... grrrrr!

BUT WE MUST NOT WASTE .  .  . 
and how great is it when you can turn a negative into something positive!!!

Challenges to share in:
Butterfly Challenge - Butterflies + P is for Punches and/or Pink

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hope you're having an awesome week!
As always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Handmade background paper
Accessories:  Martha Stewart 3-in-1 butterfly punch, Martha Stewart butterfly border punch, Cheery Lynn Designs butterfly die, Ken Oliver Color Burst, Serendipity 'Butterfly Kisses' stamp, Rubber Cottage 'Happy Birthday'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.