Saturday, July 9, 2016

Play Time Saturday . . .

Happy Saturday Everyone!
I know I should be doing cards for upcoming Fall shows but today I just
wanted to create something for fun and maybe use up a few tidbits that were
laying on my craft table ... so, that's exactly what I did.

What do you think?


It all started with this oval cut panel that was laying on the
table 'screaming to be used' ...
I had cut it for another project but was larger than I needed for that project.
The ovals I used are from Lawn Fawn ... Stitched Ovals ... LARGE and SMALL.

The Memory Box Calla Oval Wreath was cut from white card stock so I used
whatever ink was remaining in some of my smaller finger daubers to color it.


I sponged my background panel with TH Broken China
before adding my encouraging sentiment by Art Impressions.
 
As you can see by the glare,
I actually make this a 'window' card by repurposing a panel of 
acetate packing from one of my die sets (I keep them all for this purpose).
LOOKING BACK ... I guess I could have actually made this a shaker card ... hmmmm!

 The larger butterflies are cut from the
Memory Box 'Fairyland Butterflies' ... just the top two.
 Memory Box - Dies - Fairyland Butterflies
It's always nice when you can use your dies in different ways.

A few other 'tiny' butterflies joined the party ...
They are from the Martha Stewart '3 in 1 butterfly punch'.

Challenges to share in:
 Crafty Calendar July Challenge - Punches & Dies
Crazy 4 Challenges - Encouragement
"Just Us Girls" Challenge - Sponging 
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Sentiment as Focus
Moving Along With The Times Challenge - No Designer Paper

I hope you enjoyed today's post and will stop 
back again tomorrow when I will have TWO posts to share!
One for Dies R Us and one for the new Tutti Designs ... you'll love them both!!

Have a fabulous weekend and as always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs
Stamp / Ink:  Art Impressions, Versafine Onyx, Tim Holtz Broken China
Accessories:  Small finger daubers, dies and punches, dimensional tape, clear acetate packing material


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.