background

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Play Time Saturday . . .

Happy Saturday Everyone!
I know I should be doing cards for upcoming Fall shows but today I just
wanted to create something for fun and maybe use up a few tidbits that were
laying on my craft table ... so, that's exactly what I did.

What do you think?


It all started with this oval cut panel that was laying on the
table 'screaming to be used' ...
I had cut it for another project but was larger than I needed for that project.
The ovals I used are from Lawn Fawn ... Stitched Ovals ... LARGE and SMALL.

The Memory Box Calla Oval Wreath was cut from white card stock so I used
whatever ink was remaining in some of my smaller finger daubers to color it.


I sponged my background panel with TH Broken China
before adding my encouraging sentiment by Art Impressions.
 
As you can see by the glare,
I actually make this a 'window' card by repurposing a panel of 
acetate packing from one of my die sets (I keep them all for this purpose).
LOOKING BACK ... I guess I could have actually made this a shaker card ... hmmmm!

 The larger butterflies are cut from the
Memory Box 'Fairyland Butterflies' ... just the top two.
 Memory Box - Dies - Fairyland Butterflies
It's always nice when you can use your dies in different ways.

A few other 'tiny' butterflies joined the party ...
They are from the Martha Stewart '3 in 1 butterfly punch'.

Challenges to share in:
 Crafty Calendar July Challenge - Punches & Dies
Crazy 4 Challenges - Encouragement
"Just Us Girls" Challenge - Sponging 
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Sentiment as Focus
Moving Along With The Times Challenge - No Designer Paper

I hope you enjoyed today's post and will stop 
back again tomorrow when I will have TWO posts to share!
One for Dies R Us and one for the new Tutti Designs ... you'll love them both!!

Have a fabulous weekend and as always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs
Stamp / Ink:  Art Impressions, Versafine Onyx, Tim Holtz Broken China
Accessories:  Small finger daubers, dies and punches, dimensional tape, clear acetate packing material


11 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, that floral oval is a perfect fit on the stitched oval! And what a gorgeous, colorful creation with all those pretty butterflies floating throughout. Love the softness of your sponged background, and the sentiment is fabulous. You can never have too many sentiments. I'm a big collector of them. This is a big WOW, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Word! This is GORGEOUS! I love every little thing about it! That is one beautiful wreath (must add to a wish list!) And then the addition of all of your lovely butterflies, and wonderful sentiment....so unique and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little card!!! LOVE your lovely flowers and that oval frame is perfect and of course the sentiment is just beautiful. So much inspiration here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really beautiful...design sentiment and die cuts! Absolutely perfect for our challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week. Thank you for playing along!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, I love how you have coloured the die cut. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck,
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sponged wreath! Lovely card - Thanks for joining in at JUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely lovely is what I say, and I love that you made it into a window card, terrific idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a gorgeous sponged wreath! This card is all kinds of beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! Loving all those colours. Thank you for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card in the Sweet Stampin’ "Use a Sentiment as the Focus" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene