background

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Fall Craft Show Goodies . . .

Hello Everyone!
Fall Craft Shows are right around the corner
so I thought this week I'd better get busy creating some of
my old 'stand by' goodies and some new things to share again this year.

So with that being said, here's what I've been working
on this week  . . .


 In the past I have made boxes very similar to this one (although these seemed to go together faster) that I would fill with Hershey Nuggets.  This time around they will be filled with 3 Gharadelli Chocolates (2 carmel & 1 dark chocolate ... or visa versa).  

Keep in mind, all of these projects need embellished & packaged.  I will share photos with you once that step is completed.

Next are my Tea Cups ... this project is always a hit with the local Country Club show I do in the Spring & Fall.  I will fill them with chocolates  and/or  gourmet teas, decorate and clear package them.  Of course, each package will be tied with a pretty ribbon and tag.  


I'm getting a head start on my tissue box covers!
This is always my #1 seller, so I try to have a variety of themes for customers to choose from.  I will probably need at least another dozen or so holiday themed covers before the shows begin, but this is a good start.  Again, they still require the opening in the lids and decorated but I can 'assembly line' that process one day next week.  Everyone likes the fact that they can be folded down and stored for future use and so I display some over the tissue boxes and the rest are folded down, placed in a ziplock bag and stacked one behind the other in media boxes so they can thumb through and find the one that fits their decor or occasion. 
 

And of course CARDS ... 



I will need lots and lots of cards because I'm pleased to say I have repeat customers who come to my table and go through all of my cards looking for the cards they will need to send over the next year.  THAT is why all the cards I make for my design teams get finished on the inside, packaged in clear sleeves and go right into the sale boxes.   The week before show time I look to see what category is 'thin' and spend a few days working on cards just to fill that slot.

It seems that Birthday & Sympathy are my biggest requests so will concentrate on those categories first.  There are a couple other projects I have in mind for this years shows.  I just getting my thoughts together on those and will share in another post.  

I'm always interested in seeing what you are working on and thought maybe you'd like to see what's going on in my Crafting Cave today!  Hope you're having a good week.  Now I'd best get upstairs and get dinner on the table!!!   LOL

Till next time and as always . . .


8 comments:

  1. Well hello there Dar!!! It's been a while, and I just wanted to pop over and say, Hi. Awesome job on those boxes and teacups, you are going to be very busy creating! Hope all is well with you! xoxo~Cheryl (CherCroppin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget the Craft Fair, just open up your own little store! lol So many beautiful and unique projects! They're all so pretty! May you sell everything to fund your crafting for years to come! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Darlene, I am blown away by your use of pretty papers on these darling projects! Your goodie holders are not only unique, but so sweetly done with the punched closure on the candy bar treats, and the tea cups are brilliant! It must be fun putting these together. Dar, it's no wonder you have repeat customers with the loving attention given to each item and the careful and pretty wrapping to not only protect your precious artwork, but attract buyers, too. I would be attracted for sure!

    I've been wanting to make some tissue box holders for my home, but never dreamed there was a template to make folded boxes like that! Genius!

    More than anything else, I'm incredulous at your industriousness! Wow! Hope you enjoy your time in the Crafting Cave today, and that you sell out at the crafting shows! I'm looking forward to seeing your final packaging.

    hugs,
    de

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're amazing, Darlene! I struggle to get one card finished, but look what you accomplish. I know your table must be a huge hit at any craft show. So much fun to go through all your stuff. Such darling gift packages, and all those cards to browse! WOW! My dinky stamp room is not the place for volume like this. I like the bins you have your cards in. Such a nice fit and so nicely categorized. Love this post. So fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When do you sleep? I know all the duties you have with all the design teams you are on,but you still have time to make all these goodies for the craft show. You are absolutely amazing. I love all your projects but the tea cup boxes and tissue box covers are my favorites. I am sure this must be a fun event for you to do for you to go through so much work. Looking forward to seeing some of your finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm blown away! Sooooo many card and projects! Looks like you are having a lot of success and thanks for sharing what you've made! I've never sold any of my cards - I don't think I could ever make enough to sell - I'm a slow crafter! Very impressive! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have been very busy and looks like you have a great variety of things to sell! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Darlene, you have been busy! I almost feel tired just looking at all your hard work! Lol
    I love them all, particularly love the tissue box covers, what a fabulous idea! Not sure when you find the extra hours in the day with all your DT commitments too.
    Wishing you lots, and lots of sales, how lovely you have repeat customers, such a compliment to your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene