Monday, October 10, 2016

Things that go BUMP in the night . . .

Hello my friends!
I've spent most of the day creating birthday cards for my upcoming Fall craft shows at the local high schools using up some of the off cuts from the tea cup order I mentioned a few posts back.  BUT then I spotted a challenge that is new to me and the photo inspiration really caught my eye and I couldn't wait to join in the fun!!

The challenge is the Make My Monday Challenge
and here's their new challenge inspiration photo . . .

 Isn't that awesome!

Anyways so here's what I came up with using Tim Holtz distress inks and Stampscapes stamps.  
But now that I look at them together, I just might have to give it another try using more reds & blacks.

Believe it or not, I used TH 'Spiced Marmalade' (orange) for the entire background ... then 'Barn Door' for around the moon.  But, it sure looks yellow & orange to me vs orange & red ... hmmm.  I still like the overall card and might even make for a good Halloween Birthday.  I had my geese already stamped when I spotted this cute witch so I just had to add her into the mix too!  LOL

PAUSE . . .not happy ... let me quickly make another!

Okay I like this one better ...


Enough playing around ... I really should be outside working in the yard!
Not going to have too many days like this left and the outside work won't get done by itself!  LOL

Challenges to share in:
Lawnscaping Challenge - Pinterest Inspired (inspired by the bottom right corner image)

Thanks for stopping by and hope you like what I have to share!
As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs
Ink:  Versafine Onyx, Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door
Stamps:  Stampscapes
Accessories:  Masking

22 comments:

  1. I love them both but if the idea is to CASE then you aced it in the second one,,,,,,,,,,,,Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Darleen, totally awesome. Both versions look amazing, obviously the second looks the most like the original, but you have totally aced this technique. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Boots Halloween Challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both and amazing how just a few stamps can make a totally different card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards - super inked backgrounds. My favourite is the first one with the cute little witch. I love the orangey yellow sky. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that with with that nose. This is very cute. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both. Thanks for sharing with Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really stunning creation with such wonderful depth of colour, many thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, love both cards, Darlene :) The backgrounds with the trees are just perfect! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both your cards! Whenever I see a witch in flight I always thing of the sentiment: If the broom fits..... or.... Yes I can drive a stick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love both cards! I can't help but get a giggle at the witch flying through the scene. So cute! Love the tree stamps you used, too. Your backgrounds are both amazing! Seems there are many new challenges lately. I hadn't seen this one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think they're both fantastic! Great colors on each of them! I looooooove those trees, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely rich colours you have used,just stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely dramatic colours on this card - what a "powerful" piece you have created. Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges,
    Leanne DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super Halloween card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Good luck and hope to see again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh, both are FABULOUS cards!! I love, love the witch one, only because it looks as though she is going 'heeheehee" and it just makes me laugh...gorgeous, and I think both would be perfect entries for the challenge...you are the 'queen' of sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Darlene! I love both of your cards! Beautiful autumnal creations. I hope you have been well. Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge! Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will say they are both terrific, I Love the stamping on the first, and I love the deep background colors in the second, Fantastic fall cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darlene what gorgeous cards love it

    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards are awesome but for our challenge at MMM the second card hits the mark!! I love the moon and that tree is too scary.. I love this card.. Thank you so much for joining us at MMM. I am now your newest stalker... I mean follower.. Great job..
    Cyber Hugs
    Shawna DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene