background

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A Card for any Occasion!

Hello Everyone!
WOW!  Are you having trouble getting your mojo going like I am?
Today I decided to create a card using a couple of challenges as my starting point to help get the creative juices flowing.
First the sketch I have used is for the latest challenge at Mojo Monday ...

and I decided to get adventurous and use glitter!
Yes I said GLITTER ... something I rarely do because somehow I end up with it EVERYWHERE!~!  LOL
So of course the current challenge at Sprinkle n Sparkle (loose glitter, embossing powder and/or flocking) gave me the shove I needed!

Here's my creation:


The stamp set I've used to create my background panel as well as my focus panel is a set from Sparkle n Sprinkle called Poppies.  For the background panel I simply stamped my image using Versafine Onyx on a white card stock panel that is 1/4" smaller than my card base.


For my focus image, I used the same stamp but stamped it onto white card stock using Versamark.  Then sprinkled PK Glitz 'china red' embossing glitter and heat set.  I used a green alcohol marker to add a touch of color to the leaves.
 
 After double matting my focus image using Tutti Designs 'stitched circles', I decided I needed a little more sparkle and added a red glitter border around my second background panel using a Nuvo glue pen and red glitter.  I purchased the entire set of glue pens at the Sparkle n Sprinkle booth at last years Adventures in Stamping convention here in Akron.  LOVE THOSE THINGS!!!
A little faux stitching and white gelly roll dots were my finishing touches.

So there ya go ... that wasn't so bad!
I just needed a little help getting started!

I hope you'll come back tomorrow when I'll be telling you all about the 
BIG ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION 
going on at the Double D Challenge Blog
(yahoo ... there will be some awesome prizes to play for)

Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Red cs, Black cs, the Paper Studio 'Harper's Boutique' dp
Inks:  Versamark, Versafine Onyx
Stamps:  Sparkle n Sprinkle 'Poppies'
Accessories:  White gelly roll pen, Nuvo glue pen, Red glitter, Red embossing glitter, heat gun, satin flower from stash

10 comments:

  1. You made fabulous use of that sketch, love it! I also adore a black and red and white card, soooo pretty! The glitter looks beautiful as do those perfect posies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Darlene. What a great project to get you out of your comfort zone :-) Love the reds and blacks together. So glad we gave you the nudge you needed to play with us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge. Congrats on being a SNS Featured Artist this month as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I've always had a "thing" for red & black color combos, and your card sure made that design pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, so many great techniques, I so love the way the red pops from the black and white, pretty shimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, you found your mojo! A sketch always helps, I think. I love that you used flowers, and it's so cool the way you stamped a panel in the background. Plenty of sparkle, and the embossing is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this classy color combo and your glittery poppies! Thanks so much for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card! I love that Poppies stamp set that you used. Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle's Creative Challenge - Chris, SNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really stunning card Darlene! I adore the background paper you made with poppies stamp. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene