Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Pretty in Pink

Hello my friends!
After a week of no crafting due to an arm/shoulder issue,
I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and decided to play
along in this weeks Mojo Monday Challenge to get
my mojo started and here's their sketch ...


This is what I came up with ... what do you think?


It's a simple design but a classic that I will use over & over again I think!
I wanted to play around with stamping also (something I don't do enough of these days) so reached for one of my Penny Black floral stamp sets and got busy.  I've used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers for my coloring medium.



After coloring, I added a few highlights with a white gelly roll pen.

I had intended to make a nice ribbon bow as shown in the sketch but then decided on just a simple BoBunny butterfly.  The ribbon is so pretty and is from a Really Reasonable Ribbon pack.

Challenges to share in:
City Crafter Challenge #355 - In Bloom
Deep Ocean Challenge #151 - Flowers Everywhere

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hope you have an enjoyable week ahead!
As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Pink cs, Scraps of DCWV & Hot off the Press
Stamp/Ink:  Penny Black 'Flower Gallery' #30-031,  Versafine Onyx
Dies:  Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Rectangles', Bo Bunny Butterfly
Accessories:  White Gelly Roll Pen (faux stitching & highlights), Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers, Really Reasonable Pink Satin Ribbon

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love the sketch too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful card and wonderful colours

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder I didn't hear from you this morning lol!! Beautifully colored and a beautiful design...just perfect for this sunshiny day we are having here today...taking a break form the crafty room to decorate my house for Easter...anyhow a great way to get your mojo going again as it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Darlene! This is truly an amazing design. The coloring of that fabulous PB image is perfect and the butterfly looks amazing! You could do so many variations of this and always make me happy. <3 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, excellent with the pretty colors and papers and the flowers! I like the idea of the butterfly as opposed to a bow, too. Makes it easier to mail, for sure. I wondered why your posts have been so scant. Sorry about your arm/shoulder! I hope this means it's mending nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my you have rendered me speechless with these gorgeous shades of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your arm /shoulder and glad to hear its recovering . Beautiful card love the design and your coloring of the flowers is perfect .

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really pretty card, with beautiful flowers.
    Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so stinkin' pretty. I love the background paper, and your flowers are colored so beautifully!! Wonderful design too, I really like all the stitching. Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you certainly haven't lost your touch that's for sure, the coloring of the flowers is beautiful, love the paper and like your faux stitching to go with your dies, the butterfly was a great choice instead of a bow... so glad your feeling better, hope it continues to improve for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card for our challenge Dar... So pretty!! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have really brought out the beauty of this Sketch! Your card is gorgeous! I love the flower image and your beautiful coloring! That butterfly is the perfect touch! Yes, sooooo pretty in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh woooww your coloring on that flowe is stunning
    and that butterfly hmmm I want to have that DIES too so adorable
    and the colors is sweet beautiful pink (LOVE)
    simply layout but so adorable arrangement
    LOVE your card Darlene
    hugs from new bloggy friend
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a gorgeous card, the flowers look beautiful, great colouring!Thanks for joining us at TioT's this time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely card! Your colouring is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene