Saturday, June 16, 2018

A walk through the garden ...

Happy Father's Day Weekend Everyone!

I don't have a card to share with you today so I thought I'd take a quick
walk around the house and snap a few photos of
a few of the perennial flowers that are in bloom as well as a 
couple of my favorite container arrangements.

 First I'd like to share these beautiful Sweet Williams.
I planted them in honor & memory of my Dad!
Growing up, my dad had a flower garden planted in the middle of our semi circle driveway.
Across the front were spring flowers like daffodils & tulips that would pop up first thing in the Spring.  He had something blooming all spring/summer long!  But, I always LOVED that the entire semi circle was planted in every color of Sweet Williams.  They were GORGEOUS and attracted so many amazing butterflies!
What wonderful memories I have of my dad's flower garden!!!
And I'm sure that's where I got my love of flowers and green thumb!  
THANKS DAD!!

Next are three of the different Asiatic Lilies I have planted here and there.
 
 
 

A friend of mine gave me a small bunch of these purple Spiderwort a couple years ago and they have doubled in size.  I also have some lilac colored Spiderwort in one of my flower beds up in our picnic area.  They are beautiful in the morning but don't like the sun so close in the heat of the day.
 

 Next are a couple of my favorite containers.
This is a wooden planter that my younger sister made for me many years ago for my birthday!  I plant it with different annuals each year and I always get compliments not only on the flowers but on the planter itself.   Guess I should have taken a photo of the entire planter so you could see the bottom too.  Oops!



 And last but not least, this is a concrete rose urn that we purchase at a greenhouse when we lived in Toledo.  When we moved here to Akron 15 years ago, the moving men were quite surprised when they went to pick it up to move ... they thought it was plastic!  SURPRISE!  (this thing weighs a ton!!  lol)
 I have found that geraniums do very well in this urn so each year, I simply choose a different color but always geraniums.    Gives me the height need for such a large container.


I hope you've enjoy a glimpse of one of the things that makes me happy!  With being on vacation the entire month of May, I'm really late getting everything planted but I'm almost finished and it is looking great!  Once they've had a chance to take hold I'll take photos and share.  I love having flowers on my front porch and back deck!  Heck I like flowers everywhere!!  LOL

Thanks for the visit and have a FABULOUS weekend!
As always . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.